Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been acclimated to salt water for two weeks. The fish is in a small quarantine tank. Using API General Cure, CopperSafe, and adding garlic extract to the food cured long white poop disease. However, it's bloated stomach wont go away. What should I do? Really want to put it in my display tank. thanks all

Larry isaak

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been acclimated to salt water for two weeks. The fish is in a small quarantine tank. Using API General Cure, CopperSafe, and adding garlic extract to the food cured long white poop disease. However, it's bloated stomach wont go away. What should I do? Really want to put it in my display tank. thanks all

Top Shelf Aquatics

collins.jason.k

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture? What kind of Molly is it? The bloated belly might be normal if it's a balloon molly...

Top Shelf Aquatics
Avast

Pridedcloth3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since the other molly in there is male what bloating you're seeing is likely due to pregnancy, although I couldn't see any cause for concern due to bloating from the video. Fish looks very healthy
Agreed, mollies breed like nothing else.

OP
OP
reeftankdude

reeftankdude

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since the other molly in there is male what bloating you're seeing is likely due to pregnancy, although I couldn't see any cause for concern due to bloating from the video. Fish looks very healthy
Cool, but she was bloated before I put the other Molly in the tank.

Cheese Griller

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, but she was bloated before I put the other Molly in the tank.
I just rewatched the video and didn't see anything that looked alarming in terms of bloating. She could have already been pregnant as well, since both genders are often kept in the same tank at the store and livebearers can store sperm for quite some time. Unless the fish is acting strangely I wouldn't worry about it.

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back