Frag tank pest control

andrew2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got a mini frag tank up and running, but I see some coral pests. What fish or inverts should i keep in my frag tank to help deal with the pests?

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its just a mini frag tank id recommend dipping the frags weekly. Can we get the size of tank and pest your dealing with? Also what kind of frags are we dealing with.

OP
OP
A

andrew2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its just a mini frag tank id recommend dipping the frags weekly. Can we get the size of tank and pest your dealing with? Also what kind of frags are we dealing with.
It’s a 6-7 gallon with spa and lps. Not super sure which types of pests I am currently dealing with, but I’m sure there’s more than one.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Six line wrasse

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that small of tank its basically a qt size I have. Get some coral dip possibly two different opinions. Dip the corals and examin what falls out. If you dip all the coral weekly or every 5 days you can probably get rid of pest within a month.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a damsel (I had 4, he was the winner I guess...) and a six line wrasse for "bug control" in my frag system.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!
Out of curiosity and in case someone down the road finds this post what did you do?
If it was the dip you may have to dip again in a week or 2 in case there was any eggs.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!
Out of curiosity and in case someone down the road finds this post what did you do?
If it was the dip you may have to dip again in a week or 2 in case there was any eggs.

Unless I missed something I'm not sure how much of a resolution this is. The OP never even stated what pests they had other than they were sure there was more than one :thinking-face:

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless I missed something I'm not sure how much of a resolution this is. The OP never even stated what pests they had other than they were sure there was more than one :thinking-face:
True, but if your a newer person to the saltwater aquarium could still be useful. I think it takes awhile for some to figure out what is a pest and what is good. I also hoped he would give a little more info on it :cool:

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but if your a newer person to the saltwater aquarium could still be useful. I think it takes awhile for some to figure out what is a pest and what is good. I also hoped he would give a little more info on it :cool:
Agreed more info would be nice. Many times new people freak out over things that are benificial.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back