Forest fire digi without green tips?

BriDroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a small frag from an auction from aqua vault. It's pretty, but the tips have never turned green like all the pics that I see online. This weekend, I picked up another bigger frag from an individual and it has green on the areas that are growing.

In the pic, the one from aqua vault has a whitish color where it's growing. The new one has nice bright green tips where it's growing. I did break the new one while dipping it, that is why there are two pieces :eek:. Both have the same red polyps and a really dark purple skin.

Is there any chance that the one from aqua vault could be something else, or are they all slightly different depending on the mother colony?

The aqua vault one is the small one in the bottom right of the pic. The other two are the one that I picked up this weekend.
IMG_9652.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought a small frag from an auction from aqua vault. It's pretty, but the tips have never turned green like all the pics that I see online. This weekend, I picked up another bigger frag from an individual and it has green on the areas that are growing.

In the pic, the one from aqua vault has a whitish color where it's growing. The new one has nice bright green tips where it's growing. I did break the new one while dipping it, that is why there are two pieces :eek:. Both have the same red polyps and a really dark purple skin.

Is there any chance that the one from aqua vault could be something else, or are they all slightly different depending on the mother colony?

The aqua vault one is the small one in the bottom right of the pic. The other two are the one that I picked up this weekend.
IMG_9652.jpeg
Mine are reddish/orange and have never changed from that state

1727744118350.png

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When mine was happiest it showed almost zero green and gree crazy fast. Now it grows slower and I get the green more.

rdirtytwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, but wouldn't a blue base/orange polyp/green tips be a bubblegum digitata? I've had my forest fire digitata for a year now and it has blue and green base/orange polyps/blue tip.

Ex:

Attachments

• 1722635346766.jpg
    1722635346766.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
BriDroid

BriDroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, but wouldn't a blue base/orange polyp/green tips be a bubblegum digitata? I've had my forest fire digitata for a year now and it has blue and green base/orange polyps/blue tip.

Ex:
That is what I was thinking too. The bubblegum is supposed to be pink polyps, and these are definitely dark red.

rdirtytwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I was thinking too. The bubblegum is supposed to be pink polyps, and these are definitely dark red.
Also give it some time if you've recently acquired the frags. When I first got my frag it had a nice green base. While settling into my tank, it lost the green for a month or two. I noticed the green coincides with new growth.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Ex:
Bubble gum yes often tri-colored

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back