Forest fire digi help

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had the worst luck with bubblegum and forest fire digis. It's one of my favorite corals and it's supposed to be easy to keep, but I find it more finicky than any other corals I have ever had including acros. I dont know why. I've noticed a weird phenomenon where they look good, then randomly lose color and seemingly die, but then sometimes come back.

I took a frag off a small colony that looked like it was dying then placed it higher in the tank and it came back with the green hue and red polyps while the Original colony withered away just a few inches away. No signs of disease or pests, no fish picks on them. Parameters are fine and all other corals are fine everything from soft to lps to SPS. Has anybody else had this weird phenomenon. Can anyone offer a solution or reason why.

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had the same issue with forest fire, my green branching montis on the other hand are almost an invasive species in my tank popping up everywhere from small fragments and crowding my acros. Curious if anyone has any insight

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had the same issue with forest fire, my green branching montis on the other hand are almost an invasive species in my tank popping up everywhere from small fragments and crowding my acros. Curious if anyone has any insight
Yah I've got green and these purple blue ones that grow like crazy but in both my tanks forest fire can not do anything except one frag. It's partially shaded so I wonder if that does anything.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back