View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, Gbrum!

What are your plans for the tank?
As far as fish. Yesterday I took my 4 clowns out of 5 week quarantine and introduced them to the tank. I plan on getting 2 leopard wrasse, a dot dash wrasse. And a couple fairy wrasses. And probably a yellow tang.
As far as corals. A mixed reef. I like zoas a lot. But I also like lps and sps. Here is the fist coral I added. A frogspawn

20170512_204356.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
sam.basye

sam.basye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used pond foam for my display refugium/seagrass tank that is in progress.

Made the structure with legos and foamed over it.

41A0668E-6944-4F74-9E8E-1358AB72D27A_zpsaavrxwvk.jpg

2897ACBD-B844-430E-9663-B7A69E833B95_zpswu6u38ae.jpg

1BB4F117-7BBB-4685-B4B9-7D5F260ED89D_zpswizqcbxv.jpg

49A03798-5437-4BC4-AE4D-838B1251915A_zpsx7dvg7qw.jpg
Legos are a great idea! Just don't smell them when wet. Haha Legos get stanky after a swim.
Looking forward to seeing it progress!

How's your tank coming along Gbrum?

Husker

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legos are a great idea! Just don't smell them when wet. Haha Legos get stanky after a swim.

Really? I wonder what smells... I wasn't sure how reef safe they would be, but I have seen reef tanks that used lego pirate ships or buildings in the aquascape, and they seemed fine. I have heard legos (brand name "Legos") are well-known for their quality plastics and non-toxic materials. I figure if they can let kids suck on them without fear of lawsuit, my coral can probably handle it.

In retrospect, I'm not sure I took full advantage of the legos. Pretty much everything I did could have been accomplished with just live rock or live rock rubble joined with the foam. Some people get really angry about that foam, but I kind of like it. I think it makes the structure look like a single structure with nooks and crannies instead of a pile of rocks. I would like to see more people with more skill than I using pond foam. I bet there could be some really interesting structures.

OP
OP
sam.basye

sam.basye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I wonder what smells... I wasn't sure how reef safe they would be, but I have seen reef tanks that used lego pirate ships or buildings in the aquascape, and they seemed fine. I have heard legos (brand name "Legos") are well-known for their quality plastics and non-toxic materials. I figure if they can let kids suck on them without fear of lawsuit, my coral can probably handle it.

In retrospect, I'm not sure I took full advantage of the legos. Pretty much everything I did could have been accomplished with just live rock or live rock rubble joined with the foam. Some people get really angry about that foam, but I kind of like it. I think it makes the structure look like a single structure with nooks and crannies instead of a pile of rocks. I would like to see more people with more skill than I using pond foam. I bet there could be some really interesting structures.

I'm sure they'll be fine. Especially if you foamed all the way around them.
I just remember playing with a Lego boat and other various Lego parts and them smelling weird after pool or bathtub use..
I also remember trying to get some parts "unstuck" via my teeth. Haha
Never had to file any lawsuits for getting sick from licking or drooling on any!

Eventually when I upgrade I'm going to do something cool with the foam structure-wise.

When done right, a foam wall looks way better than a pile of rocks!

Nutramar Foods

Gbrum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My tank is doing well. Have not added a lot to it. What I have added I a few zoa. A pair of neon blue gobies.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
sam.basye

sam.basye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I'm building a foam wall in my tank now.

Watched your videos. Nice Modest Mouse in the background!

Post up some pics of the process making your wall!

Lol I think one of those videos got flagged for the music playing in the background and they muted the entire video. Haha

I actually retired my 26g bow front and now have a 30g cube with a foam wall. Still have the 2.5g going as well.

9ade1f05e44f4044bbcd073d4ce0d786.jpg

dfcce91b96dfce8e616fe58e345f98ef.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

OP
OP
sam.basye

sam.basye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loctite Ultra Gel Control is my go-to superglue for fragging and is definitely reef safe.

I used this contact cement I found at Lowe’s. Worked great and dried clear. And was only $8ish dollars for the big can I believe.

eddb8f174380d3a3f8458e8e3f5c4a91.jpg

I’ll try to post a new build thread for the 30 cube and link it here this evening. I mostly detailed the build and posted it over on RC.

BRS
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back