Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5955.JPG
IMG_5958.JPG
IMG_5959.JPG
IMG_5960.JPG
No one ever posts a thread of their dirty tank-so here I go!
I originally set out to do a "natural" filter nano tank. It bombed. Then I began the process with my Fluval Evo 13.5 and I was frustrated by dirty water clarity, clogged pump, lots of various algae etc.
After changing whats in the compartment, upgrading pump, adding skimmer I 'thought ' I was there...not quite. It wasn't until I started using Prodibio Nano Reef Kit+Bacto Bio Balls + Poly Filter + a sm bag of Clear-Fx Pro that I've captured a pretty ideal low maintenance system.
Low to me means I can safely go 2 weeks without touching the tank.
So my pics show what it looks like at two weeks-I have a lil brown on the glass I brush off & I siphon the sand w/same that my snails are not getting. I could add more flow & that would help more but I am comfortable where its at.
In comparison:For the last 3-4 months I was having to wipe the glass 2x a week and had to vacuum every week otherwise the tank would look horrible. Now 30 minutes every 2 weeks and tank is clean and thanks to Prodibio-no more daily dosing-I dose every two weeks!
Am I a happy camper right now-totally! I can enjoy my lil replica of Gulf of Mexico dives more.
Fish shown: royal gramma & chalk bass.
Gorgonians shown: purple varieties from KP Aquatics
Corals: numerous in various stages of growth.
In jar: A ricordea I am grooming to attach itself to a small piece of coral.

Top Shelf Aquatics

money88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank. I really love the Fluval Tanks, I have a 5 gallon Evo myself. Tank is really looking good and awesome to hear you were able to achieve the maintenance schedule that you like while still keeping the corals healthy.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Nano Reef Q

Nano Reef Q

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how long your tank has been up? Yours is one of a few which have purple coralline on the back wall.
I want to say tank arrived around Thanksgiving timeframe....beginning of Dec. setup. Yeah I have been going back and forth over that growth on the black wall...I started scraping it, then stopped...I know I need to decide soon because it will only be thicker & harder to get off. The growth really took off around Feb. I believe.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back