Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day, I added some "Flux Rx" from Blue Life. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my skimmer, carbon, and GFO.

The Flux Rx box says to turn off all, for the duration of the treatment.

"Turn off skimmer and discontinue using activated carbon and phosphate remover and all other chemical filtration should be removed during the course of treatment."

The instructions for Flux Rx on BRS say:

"When dosing, large scoop (1cc) should be level and small scoop (0.15cc) rounded/generous. Turn off skimmer and discontinue using activated carbon and phosphate remover for 72 hours. Skimming may be resumed after 72 hours,but all other chemical filtration should be removed during treatment."

And the directions for Reef Flux on BRS (which I assume is the same thing), say:

"Turn off skimmer for first 3 days, and remove activated carbon and any chemical filtration for the duration of treatment. GFO and Phosban can remain in place since the media only removes phosphates."

And the directions here say it's ok to turn carbon back on with Reef Flux:

Turn off skimmer for first 3 days. Activated carbon and phosphate remover can be used after 3 days, but remove other chemical filtration.

So which is it? I'm inclined to at least turn the skimmer back on, and hopefully GFO, after 72 hours, although the Flux Rx box says not to.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

Dave-T

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those seem to be 2 different products.
Since you used Flux RX, I would think its would be safer to follow the instructions for Flux RX.
Yes, well, the instructions on the box for Flux Rx are inconsistent with the Flux Rx instructions on BRS. In any case, although different products, aren't they the same thing - fluconazole?

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, well, the instructions on the box for Flux Rx are inconsistent with the Flux Rx instructions on BRS. In any case, although different products, aren't they the same thing - fluconazole?
What did you end up doing? And how were the results?

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back