Float sensors and AWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kens Bees

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to setup an awc and ato for a frag tank. I used the splitter, two float switches, and wired two low voltage pumps up for drain and fill of saltwater. The event start function works fine, both with and without the timer function. what I can’t get down is a) having the drain sensor stop the pump and b) having the fill sensor start the pump. Once the event start is triggered that drain pump goes until it rains out of water to pump, the time safety function stops the event, or I stop it.

kind of at a loss. I tried a new float sensor in port 1/3 as pump one with same results; it will start but never stop.

any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tested the float switch to make sure it working correctly?

You should see a check mark on the sensors before it starts.

I had an issue where I was using a strong magnet probe holder that was interfering with one of float switches when I first set it up.

Can you show us your the logic on drain pump first and also the overview state of the two float switches.

Attachments

• C8519DC8-9E12-430E-BC64-9A6874BF195E.png
    C8519DC8-9E12-430E-BC64-9A6874BF195E.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
K

Kens Bees

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tested the float switch to make sure it working correctly?

You should see a check mark on the sensors before it starts.

I had an issue where I was using a strong magnet probe holder that was interfering with one of float switches when I first set it up.

Can you show us your the logic on drain pump first and also the overview state of the two float switches.

I can't see a way to test the sensors. I have three, and have tried them all in various config's at the ports. I didn't have anything magnetic around except the GHL mount and I moved that to make sure this morning.

I did move the splitter to 3/4 and reassigned the pumps and got the same reult.

1677336290471.png

Here's what the drain pump looks like.
1677336591193.png

I disables to timer since I've been starting and stopping manually.

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first...

The sensors are somewhat real time. So manually slide each float up and down and watch the checkmark turn on/off. These are also real-time in Control Center (and even easier to see).

I use a holding bin for RO/DO and (3) floats. I can't remember, but I think I reversed the float on one of them to be NC instead of NO or visa-versa. You can do this in software too.

So - Level 1 is at the bottom of the bin and level 2 at the top.

Level two has a checkmark during normal tank draining.
Level one does not.

When the water drops PAST level 1, it gets a checkmark and because it and level 2 have check marks the relay actuates. Water rises (breaking level 1 checkmark) but this is ignored because the software "latch"has been set.

It stays that way until the water rises PAST level 2 and breaks the checkmark... because both 1 and 2 have no checkmark, the relay turns off.

Water is consumed by the tank and soon drops in the bin. Level 2 becomes checked, "arming" the system and waiting for it to drop past level 1 again (checking it) and actuating the relay...

So on and so on...

I am using "checked" and "unchecked" so that you can follow along in software without worrying about normally open or closed switch status.

Does that help?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back