Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning Montipora pictures, love the growth patterns of that red!

Thank you, it's getting to be a monster. When sucking out the sand, I had to be very careful around it. It's extending from one side of the tank to within about 6 inches of the front glass.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, it's getting to be a monster. When sucking out the sand, I had to be very careful around it. It's extending from one side of the tank to within about 6 inches of the front glass.

Just think of it as a head of lettuce, u just pluck the center out and I'll get rid of it for u. Lettuce isnt very nutritious anyways. I'll be doing u a favor.

BRS
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think of it as a head of lettuce, u just pluck the center out and I'll get rid of it for u. Lettuce isnt very nutritious anyways. I'll be doing u a favor.

Lol, it’s kinda crunchy!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disaster on Flippers reef this morning!

I wake up at 7:00am this morning and go into the living room to get to the kitchen for some coffee and I hear a rattle. At that hour in the morning my lights on the tank aren't on. I walk over to the tank and open the canopy doors. No water is coming from the basement sump!

Go down stairs and there's water on the basement floor! Not a huge amount, but the return section of the sump is almost dry! I turn off the return pump and start evaluating what happened. Nothing has leaked, no sump tank failure and everything is dry. On to the ATO reservoir, it's wet underneath and it's full of water!

Bingo, the ATO discharge tube has slipped and is under water in the skimmer section of the sump. It back siphoned the system water into it, filled the reservoir with saltwater and over flowed on to the floor. Why didn't the electronic float switch kick on and refill the system is at this point a mystery.

Now the wife had started a new job recently and just got paid and paid a chunk of bills. They hold back a pay check and for almost a month Ive been covering all the bills. It's been tight lately. I'm broke at the moment and get paid next Friday, that's when I was to pick up some salt.

In a pinch I called up my friends at seascape studio and told them what happened and said I have some coral to trade for some salt. They graciously accepted the trade for a box of salt.

Kudos and a Big shout out to Seascape Studio for helping Flipper out!

IMG_20190302_121524.jpg

Rushed home and made 20 gallons as fast as my flippers could mix it and in it went. Mixed water temp was 65 and went added to the system it dropped the tank temp to 76. Everything in the DT looks beautiful and fish are happy! Thank you God and once again Seascape Studio!

Man, what a morning!!!

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disaster on Flippers reef this morning!

I wake up at 7:00am this morning and go into the living room to get to the kitchen for some coffee and I hear a rattle. At that hour in the morning my lights on the tank aren't on. I walk over to the tank and open the canopy doors. No water is coming from the basement sump!

Go down stairs and there's water on the basement floor! Not a huge amount, but the return section of the sump is almost dry! I turn off the return pump and start evaluating what happened. Nothing has leaked, no sump tank failure and everything is dry. On to the ATO reservoir, it's wet underneath and it's full of water!

Bingo, the ATO discharge tube has slipped and is under water in the skimmer section of the sump. It back siphoned the system water into it, filled the reservoir with saltwater and over flowed on to the floor. Why didn't the electronic float switch kick on and refill the system is at this point a mystery.

Now the wife had started a new job recently and just got paid. They hold back a pay check and for almost a month Ive been covering all the bills. It's been tight lately. I'm broke at the moment and get paid next Friday, that's when I was to pick up some salt.

In a pinch I called up my friends at seascape studio and told them what happened and said I have some coral to trade for some salt. They graciously accepted the trade for a box of salt.

Kudos and a Big shout out to Seascape Studio for helping Flipper out!

View attachment 996381

Rushed home and made 20 gallons as fast as my flippers could mix it and in it went. Mixed water temp was 65 and went added to the system it dropped the tank temp to 76. Everything in the DT looks beautiful and fish are happy! Thank you God and once again Seascape Studio!

Man, what a morning!!!
Oh no! Thank God the fish store was willing to do that for you. Glad you got it taken care of :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Thank God the fish store was willing to do that for you. Glad you got it taken care of :)

Yes, it was a close call! I still need about 20 gallons more to fill the sump. Waiting on the RO/DI unit now. Once up, I'll test the electronic float switch to see what happened. I have another one in a box as a back up.

Close call! Glad it worked out.

You can say that again!!!!!! Me too!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back