Flame angel with popeye/cloudy eye

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got a flame angel with pop eye and a cloudy eye. I will attempt to catch him and place him within a QT tank, but its very unlikely ill be successful.

Ill be doing a 25% water change as soon as i get home. He is eating like crazy ans very active. I just got him a week ago ando believe it to be just an injury as he is always pecking at something. But to be cautious i will be also soaking the food in some kanaplex+metro and focus. Will this be ok to broadcast feed im a FOWLR tank?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There shouldn’t be any major effects that I know of, but as a whole it’s best to do any treatments in qt.
It’s also tough to get medications in food - at the proper dose, it usually tastes too bitter for fish to want to eat it.
Maracyn is ideal for popeye.
Popeye can go away on its own given clean water and good food, but I do prefer to treat it (the one time I didn’t treat the fish lost an eye).

OP
OP
B

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was not able to find maracyn at LFS. Im hoping with this and a water change he will be.

Tank is relatively new. Upgraded from a 35, moving over the live rock and the filter media. Checking ammonia daily and its 0.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back