Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I decided to try my first saltwater tank. After getting everything set up and letting the tank cycle for a couple of weeks I decided to add a small clownfish with some turbo start. The next morning I noticed some white dots on its fins but they seemed to go away and his diet was never affected. For a week or two the spots came and went but the little guy kept eating so I wasn’t too worried. A couple of nights ago he looked a little faded and the spots were all over so I set up a freshwater dip for 2 minutes. The spots are still on him and he still eats so I don’t know what to do. Any idea. Don’t want anything to happen to it or my other new clown

BRS

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a disease expert, but there are plenty here to help. In the meantime, is the clownfish the only tank inhabitant?

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Beng2003

Beng2003

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There they are. It’s hard to see but white spots of different sizes are all over the common clown.

Attachments

• 60912519566__E9ECD5DC-B2BA-4A98-9B1D-9FA02430AED1.MOV
    2.3 MB
OP
OP
Beng2003

Beng2003

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I decided to try my first saltwater tank. After getting everything set up and letting the tank cycle for a couple of weeks I decided to add a small clownfish with some turbo start. The next morning I noticed some white dots on its fins but they seemed to go away and his diet was never affected. For a week or two the spots came and went but the little guy kept eating so I wasn’t too worried. A couple of nights ago he looked a little faded and the spots were all over so I set up a freshwater dip for 2 minutes. The spots are still on him and he still eats so I don’t know what to do. Any idea. Don’t want anything to happen to it or my other new clown
Update: my Wyoming white has passed. Losing faith. Please help

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back