• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First ever sexy sps growout!!!!!

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys i have been in contact with Ty (reefup). Long story short.....things have been a little rough with work and family( financially internet isnt important as kids)......Tank still doing good! If everyone in this GroupBuy could cooperate and help chip in to get him some new bulbs it would be greatly appreciated!! He needs (3) 250 W DE Phoenix 14k and some 6' VHO (2) super actinics and (2) 454's

I think its only fair that everyone help chip in being that he volunteered to grow these, and between 10 people it would only be about 30 bucks each.....

Nutramar Foods

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the frags are doing good. Alot of slow growers in the pack but they are coming along. I will try to get him to send me some pics via text over the weekend. I will come up with more info on payment also. I would say being his web is down i might collect funds and send him a money order so he doesnt have to try and hassle finding web access somewhere....

Anyone else in this going to help chip in? Every little bit helps.... Thanks guys!

Also after looking back theres only about 7 in this.....so i guess that would be about 40 or so.....if we can get everyone to participate...

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not in the growout with you, but does everyone int he growout think it is wise to send someone money who has pretty much disappeared from the forums becuase of financial problems. The last he posted on this thread was march and he checked into his other growout at the end of may.
They decided on the other growout to get all their pieces to another grower.

here was his last reply

Well I came up to my moms house and got around a comp well I've read through the thread sad about what was said about me especially when there was previous relationships sorry I happened to fall on hard times in life and barely could afford to eat and provide for my girls but hey how about a little Fred where cred is due since I busted my butt on this acans everyday and if reefjunkie will back me on this those pics don't do the colors justice one bit like I said at all times before I'm a stand up guy sorry you or any of you ever doubted me but that's on you I did what I did to keep them at their best including multiple bulb purchases etc. because I had one concern in this grow out to make these acans better than when I received them to pass them all onto the fellows in the grow out hope you guys all like them if you need pointers on what I found out keeping these things to morph and look great get at me junkie has my number peace out!! Won't be around a comp for a whole again after tonight! Enjoy!

And after reading that,
i'm sorry but if i was hurting that bad for money that i could barely feed my kids, my tank and everything in it would be sold. Just be careful guys. I would rather see you you hand him money to ship to another grower than buy new bulbs for his tank to grow frags you may never see

bob

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im working on getting ahold of him. He has a pay by the min phone and doesnt always have minutes.

(Turbo21) Please keep your comments to yourself, you are not a part of this growout and by bashing the grower does nothing good for everyone in the growout. If you would like to communicate through PM to anyone involved in this growout please do so, but do not post negative things in this thread. Thanks

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, for those of you participating in this grow out please have whoever is currently in charge (besides Reefed up) pm me. I have some pertinent first hand information regarding this grow out and need to relay it to those that are involved.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Raggamuffin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No point in PM'ing, I am part of this grow out and honestly I have written it off. We tried to get him to send it to a new grower (me) to grow the frags out in a PUBLIC Aquarium. I offered to pay shipping and all other costs involved if I got pictures of the frags BEFORE I sent money because by this point they should all be 4+ inches and multi branched and I wasn't going to accept any 1" frags after this long. My response?? Silence...not a flippin word. The frags are either dead or...well you can work out the "or". My trust factor at this point is zero. IF I ever end up getting my frags at that point I will send him money for bulbs or supplies not before...end of story.

CLICK TO VIEW

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel much better if the frags under your care but right now we had no control over this

It looks like islander84 (Gary) has the ability to contact him. He shipped out the frags to someone else for the acan growout and they all looked great and had good coloration. I am sure someone else in your growout has the room or capability to take them in

bob

Me z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys get these shipped out from reefup? If not lmk I am trying to get all the stuff out of his tank I live close to rexburg idaho and I would be willing to get them to you guys if it is in my power. I dont know tyson real well but I know where he lives and I have a friend who knows his family so whoever is next in line pm me and help me figure out where to go from here.

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to what Me Z said. I can also help to organize this and try my best to help you guys out. I'm currently in Boise but have family close to where Reefed Up is at. I was also in his cherry acan grow out he was hosting and had many difficulties with him as well.

I hope me and Me Z can help you guys to recover what is rightfully yours! Please let us know what you guys would like to see and check your inboxes and give me a call so I can fully fill you guys in on the details.

Nutramar Foods

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to what Me Z said. I can also help to organize this and try my best to help you guys out. I'm currently in Boise but have family close to where Reefed Up is at. I was also in his cherry acan grow out he was hosting and had many difficulties with him as well.

I hope me and Me Z can help you guys to recover what is rightfully yours! Please let us know what you guys would like to see and check your inboxes and give me a call so I can fully fill you guys in on the details.

I'll give you a call tomorrow

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Is all i can say about what ive been told! So apparently Tysen(reefup) has been banned from R2R before for ripping people off and allowed back on...?!!? TEXT DELETED BY MODERATOR........ this is absolutely ridiculous that people have known these things and sat around and watched this guy go for round number 2 or 3 or whatever # it is!? Wow!!

Last edited by a moderator:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a couple of guys that are helping get information from his family and trying to recover whats still there. I know for a fact he didnt have all the pieces, some didnt survive, but im not sure which ones he does have......if any! All we can do is sit back and see what happens.... i will check with Mike and see what all pieces never got shipped out because i know there was still some pieces that never got shipped out....

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back