+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB67416D-C778-4C03-AF14-A373F27D0F12.jpeg

Does anyone know what this is? I found a couple of them inside one of my coral frags, they were ripping holes into it. I removed it from the tank immediately. I’m not sure if it’s a bristleworm or a fireworm. If anyone can let me know, that’d be great! Thank you.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fireworms are bristleworms. Bristleworms are just a general family, and fireworms are a common type.
@anthonymckay
Ok, so it's a brother of a sister, who married a cousin and this is it's mother from another lover?
Sorry v:)

Nutramar Foods

Goaway

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 2756478
Does anyone know what this is? I found a couple of them inside one of my coral frags, they were ripping holes into it. I removed it from the tank immediately. I’m not sure if it’s a bristleworm or a fireworm. If anyone can let me know, that’d be great! Thank you.
Common bristleworm. Never pick up by hand, can be very irritating. Usually not a problem. But, with an abundance of food. They will mass produce and be unsightly. Plenty of ways to control their population.

And for above. Common names are bristleworm, fireworm and bearded fireworm. Not fire bristleworm. If you want to get into scientific names. You got 8000 species to browse through. Gets a bit more complicated.

anthonymckay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@anthonymckay
Ok, so it's a brother of a sister, who married a cousin and this is it's mother from another lover?
Sorry v:)
Haha, it’s just a subset of a set. Ie: all fireworms are bristleworms, but not all bristleworms are fireworms :)

EricR

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, it’s just a subset of a set. Ie: all fireworms are bristleworms, but not all bristleworms are fireworms :)
Timeout,,, gotta run and grab a Coke and a Kleenex. Oh,,, wait,,, we only have CostCo cola and tissue right now,,, dang it.

P.S. pic looks like a common (non-threatening) bristleworm to me

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back