Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Firefish goby has been acting weird the past three days. I've had him for around 4 months, and he's been doing great. He eats well, gets along with my other fish for the most part, and looks super healthy. However, when I turned the pumps off to feed him two days ago he came out of his cave and kind of just sat on the bottom of the tank which I've never seen him do before. He did come up to the food when I fed though. Today when I fed he did a similar thing but was a little more energetic. Over all three days, I saw him little to not at all outside of his cave during the day. He's been eating like a champ all three days and shows no signs of disease on his outside. I will keep an eye on him but in the meantime, is any of this normal? Should I be concerned?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Firefish goby has been acting weird the past three days. I've had him for around 4 months, and he's been doing great. He eats well, gets along with my other fish for the most part, and looks super healthy. However, when I turned the pumps off to feed him two days ago he came out of his cave and kind of just sat on the bottom of the tank which I've never seen him do before. He did come up to the food when I fed though. Today when I fed he did a similar thing but was a little more energetic. Over all three days, I saw him little to not at all outside of his cave during the day. He's been eating like a champ all three days and shows no signs of disease on his outside. I will keep an eye on him but in the meantime, is any of this normal? Should I be concerned?
Mine hides often but they are easily intimidated by tankmates.
Any heavy breathing?
Any damaged tail or fins?

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hides often but they are easily intimidated by tankmates.
Any heavy breathing?
Any damaged tail or fins?
I just found him wrapped around my powerhead and he's still breathing but he's breathing very rapidly. I have him in an isolation container and he can't swim and is stuck in a weird curved shape. I'm not sure what it is and if he's gonna make it.
IMG_0030.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just found him wrapped around my powerhead and he's still breathing but he's breathing very rapidly. I have him in an isolation container and he can't swim and is stuck in a weird curved shape. I'm not sure what it is and if he's gonna make it.View attachment 3101574
Yeah, fish is moribund

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back