Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about (hopefully) to order a 200g salt tank. I'm still not sure all the differences are on the filter types, single box, double, no box, hang on the back (not my fav). What are the pros/cons besides water noise?

Nutramar Foods

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are talking about. Overflows? You would want to use a bean animal style. It has 3 drains and it is the safest and quietest. i personally like the Ghost or the Shadow overflows myself. They are thin, so the tank sticks out less from the wall. The other option is using internal overflows, they allow the tank to be all the way against the wall, but they also create dead spots and take up valuable real estate inside of the tank. If you are going custom built tank, I'd look into a built in external overflow that goes coast to coast.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Kohlmann

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are talking about. Overflows? You would want to use a bean animal style. It has 3 drains and it is the safest and quietest. i personally like the Ghost or the Shadow overflows myself. They are thin, so the tank sticks out less from the wall. The other option is using internal overflows, they allow the tank to be all the way against the wall, but they also create dead spots and take up valuable real estate inside of the tank. If you are going custom built tank, I'd look into a built in external overflow that goes coast to coast.

Thank you. Issue is the tank will be in a room with a piano in the diagonal corner. Salt creep must be reduced as much as possible. Also not having the tank up against the wall so water splash gets on the wall. Noise isn't a BIG issue but I'd like it to be quiet too if possible. Jeff

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FM
Back