Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to filter floss to give it a try over socks. I had read that it will cause your skimmer to overflow, and now I’m experiencing it big time. Any suggestions on how to reduce this from happening? Should I pre-rinse it? Turn the skimmer off for an hour or so? Full disclosure I also added Martrix media at the same time so not sure if that’s adding to it.

thanks in advance!

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef Diaper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to filter floss to give it a try over socks. I had read that it will cause your skimmer to overflow, and now I’m experiencing it big time. Any suggestions on how to reduce this from happening? Should I pre-rinse it? Turn the skimmer off for an hour or so? Full disclosure I also added Martrix media at the same time so not sure if that’s adding to it.

thanks in advance!
The Reef Diaper is another option. They are quick, easy and don't require pre-rinsing. Click on the link below for more info and let me know if you have any questions.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had luck with filter floss, no matter what I did it would always cause my skimmer to go nuts and wouldnt stop until I pulled the skimmer out and cleaned it. This was with different types of floss and 2 different skimmers.

BRS
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back