Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Still fairly new to reefing. So I understand coral needs a certain amount of Nitrates & Phosphate to survive and be healthy. My Phosphate is 0.13ppm and dropping. So I understand feeding pellets can raise Phosphate. I'm not trying to get it to zero. If you feed more frozen than pellets, can that raise Nitrates? I need to get Nitrates up a little bit but I'd rather do it a more natural way than dosing it. I feed 2 times a week. Pellets and Frozen.

BRS

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 times a week? Do u just have corals and no fish? If you have fish then 2 tes a week is way too little. That can lead to stress and then who knows whar. I feed 2-3 times per day plus nori twice a day to keep my bicolor from going bonkers on corals.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Lionfish 37

Lionfish 37

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 times a week? Do u just have corals and no fish? If you have fish then 2 tes a week is way too little. That can lead to stress and then who knows whar. I feed 2-3 times per day plus nori twice a day to keep my bicolor from going bonkers on corals.
I do have fish. 2 times per week, was recommended by my local LFS. I do keep Nori in the tank daily for my Tang & Angel. My fish are all fat & healthy.

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have fish. 2 times per week, was recommended by my local LFS. I do keep Nori in the tank daily for my Tang & Angel. My fish are all fat & healthy.
That makes sense, for those fish.
But every fish is different, some can go longer without meals, some need to be fed 4-5 times per day.

OP
OP
Lionfish 37

Lionfish 37

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, for those fish.
But every fish is different, some can go longer without meals, some need to be fed 4-5 times per day.
I realize that. My LFS guy has been reefing for over 20 years and most of my fish were purchased at his store. He's aware of what I have and I trust his judgment.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Gatorpa

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize that. My LFS guy has been reefing for over 20 years and most of my fish were purchased at his store. He's aware of what I have and I trust his judgment.
Tangs and angels are always grazing.
Unless you have a bunch of algae they will eventually starve.

I feed my fish 3x a day purple tang
blue tang
3 clowns
3 anthias.

Purple tang is still constantly picking at rocks.

AS
OP
OP
Lionfish 37

Lionfish 37

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed frozen LRS mostly and my nitrates are fairly balanced with phosphates, around 15 and 0.16. It can fluctuate a bit, but I have nitrates. Might not solve things, but worth a try anyway.

FS
Thank you for being the first person to actually answer my question without questioning the health of my fish instead. I'm actually trying to raise my nitrates a bit without raising my phosphates through feeding.

AquaCave Logo Banner
AlgaeBarn

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back