Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people are more adept at some things than others. And well, I guess some fish are more adept at things than their tankmates...

I have a 40ish gallon tank with the following fish

1 Clown
1 Starcki Damsel
1 Scott's Damsel (hard to find info on these)
1 Atlantic Pygmy Angel
1 Six Line Wrasse
and a very cute but somewhat derpy Longnose Hawkfish.

I thaw frozen cubes in some RODI water and keep it in the refrigerator. I feed a spoonful of this twice per day (morning and evening), and some pellets once each day (afternoon) since my wife and I were concerned about the complete nutrition of just frozen food.

The hawkfish tends to hang around the right hand side weir where my usual feeding port in the top screen is located. And so here is the problem...

The fish wants to eat. It seems very interested in doing so, but it does not seem to grasp "where" the food is. When I drop some in, it will be swirling all around...behind him. The other fish will all be darting back and forth scarfing up food. There will still be plenty for him to eat if he would only turn around and get it. But he continues to look up and out of the tank while the food is behind him. In other words, I don't think more is the answer here. He does this for both the frozen and the pellets.

We are starting to get concerned that he may not be getting enough food to eat. I am hoping he is grazing on some of the food that eventually settles on the rock and sand, but I am not sure that he is or that it is enough.

Any suggestions on making sure that a maybe not so bright as his tankmates fish gets fed enough?

Regards

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back