Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am soooo original- I tried to name them Cobalt Greens... LOL I wanted to do Kermit's Blues, but Kris didn't like th name. Would have been cool to have them next to Miss Piggy Pinks and Animal Redds...

LOL
Laurie

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im changing my favorite to these guys. The more I look at them the more I like them. Plus they look great under my new lights.

yes-1.jpg

Corals.com

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i only have a handful so its easy to choose one lol not have a colony as it sort of disintigrated but i did save quite a few polyps, not a good picture but i call them Ring of Desire

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

gooch

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the original colony of goochsters in that first pic?

No, the original colony was only about 3"x3". It had less than 200 polyps on it. Some blues and the goochsters. After I let it fully encrust the original rock I fragged it into six pieces. Sold five, kept one. From that one frag I started 25 one polyp frags with one 10 polyp mixed frag left from the mother colony. I sold the 25 frags when they fully encrusted and put the 10 polyp frag on a stream rock. That first pic is the stream rock. It is probably 65-75% covered. The second pic is another colony I started for propagating about two years ago from a few polyps chipped off the stream rock. I have since then probably taken another 25 really big frags from that one. The picture is what is left, took it yesterday. My original 10 polyp mother colony was traded to JCigars about a year ago. So everything that I have left is truly tank grown. By the way the pinks started as two polyps that I got almost six years ago. All of those zoanthids I have started as frags.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back