Favia adherence

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve got a favia that I’ve kept for about 9 months. It’s dome shaped and normally rests on the sand bottom. About 3 months ago, I made the horrible mistake of picking up a melanarus wrasse and the guys a dick. I’ve managed to anchor everything else down and secure it, but he’s got it in for my favia and flips it over on its dome several times a day.
I bought a trap, everyone goes in BUT him. I’ve tried the inverted soda bottle, won’t work. I’ve tried scooping him up while he’s sleeping and he smart…he darts.
At this point, I just want to secure my favia. The underside is soft and slimy so I’m not confident super glue or epoxy would stick.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi! I’ve got a favia that I’ve kept for about 9 months. It’s dome shaped and normally rests on the sand bottom. About 3 months ago, I made the horrible mistake of picking up a melanarus wrasse and the guys a dick. I’ve managed to anchor everything else down and secure it, but he’s got it in for my favia and flips it over on its dome several times a day.
I bought a trap, everyone goes in BUT him. I’ve tried the inverted soda bottle, won’t work. I’ve tried scooping him up while he’s sleeping and he smart…he darts.
At this point, I just want to secure my favia. The underside is soft and slimy so I’m not confident super glue or epoxy would stick.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!
What about an anemone guard?

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s some cool ones out there that fluoresce under leds and stuff like that. Hopefully it works!
I love it…I really don’t want to tear the tank down just to nab this wrasse lol my flame angel and fox face keep him in check for the most part, but he sure sees this coral as a toy.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found a guy that makes protective magnetic frag boxes. Saved my Goni until I could replace a fish.

I messaged the seller and for a small extra fee I had mine made to be 4x4x4

It comes with two clamping locks to hold the lid on

B0CB29CA-C36E-438B-A841-12924E991268.png

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a guy that makes protective magnetic frag boxes. Saved my Goni until I could replace a fish.

I messaged the seller and for a small extra fee I had mine made to be 4x4x4

It comes with two clamping locks to hold the lid on

B0CB29CA-C36E-438B-A841-12924E991268.png
That’s a great idea! After three weeks and the wrasse still avoiding the trap-door box, I decided to just put some sand and the favia in there. But, I don’t think there was enough water flow going in because he quit extending and part of him started to look sick so I took him out. It looks like your box has plenty of flow.
I’ve got him placed in front of my angel’s pot because he hates the wrasse and chases him away lol

Does anyone have ideas of how to catch the wrasse? He’s fast, smart, and knows what a trap and net are. Lol

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s a great idea! After three weeks and the wrasse still avoiding the trap-door box, I decided to just put some sand and the favia in there. But, I don’t think there was enough water flow going in because he quit extending and part of him started to look sick so I took him out. It looks like your box has plenty of flow.
I’ve got him placed in front of my angel’s pot because he hates the wrasse and chases him away lol

Does anyone have ideas of how to catch the wrasse? He’s fast, smart, and knows what a trap and net are. Lol
Here are pictures of the 4x4x4 with the lid clamps on. It has plenty of flow and I was able to protect numerous frags of gonipora and zoa

Your wrasse wouldn’t get to the favia in here, and it would have room to open and extend. I would turn off flow and use a baster to drop food in through the slots so I wouldn’t need to remove the lid and the locks

0E22FB40-BDFD-40EB-92D2-0A58FCDD921B.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back