Eupheelia feelings?

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the subject suggests, I want to know how Euphylia feel! Before we get all caught up in an Emu state, I'm talking more about chemical warfare than feelings. I just glued a bunch of Euphylia down this weekend that had been sitting on my frag rack for 3 plus months. Thy've been doing amazing on my frag rack. An orange hammer had grown three new large heads in that 3 months. I question if things sometimes do better on my frag racks than glued down to rocks, but that's a whole separate discussion.

I love all things euphylia. I've had issues with torches in the past, so, I've got two tiny torches now that I'm trying out. 1 was on my frag rack and is doing great. The other, was one I had gotten like 6 months ago and thought it had died. I happened to drop a blasto in between some rocks that I was trying to rescue and try glueing down for the 3rd time. as I ripped my rockwork apart I found the torch that I thought had died and it was doing amazingly well with almost zero lighting for the past 6 months. Sometimes these corals are so resistant it boggles me!

Long story short, I had some more octospawn, some hammers, and two torches. I glued them together on the same rock about 2-3 inches apart. (Is a new rock as I find glueing to dry rock vs. wet rock to be so much easier.) Plus the new rock will be purple or dirty in a few months. So, did I just make a huge mistake having torches, octospawn and hammers all on the same rock. Will they kill each other or they o.k.? I was thinking in my head that Euphylia are fine together as long as they're similar, but maybe that's not true? I spent two hours glueing 8-10 corals and wanted to be done, but I realize in my haste, I may not have created the best living environment for them?

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep my torches together but wouldn't keep any other LPS near them. Thing about my tank is it's pretty tiny and getting overgrown quickly so I'm gonna need to size up soon... 2-3 inches of clearance seems like it'll fill in quick and you'll have something to worry about sooner rather than later but I guess only time will tell.

This thing took about 10 months to turn around from:
1724686364119.png

to:

1724686398215.png

I actually moved it into the back area of my tank where there's low-moderate flow and lighting. Hated to see it out front and center all keeling over to one side like that. LPS are kinda finnicky and definitely need some fine tuning.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back