ENDED: Frightmares Live Event *SUNDAY - OCTOBER 30th*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so you are roughly telling me that I should buy them and ship them to your place?
Haha I've killed my share of coral over the years. I think it's safe to say that I've grown more than I've killed at this point though.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over it though. I imagine that about 90% of the corals purchased in this hobby die. In theory, if we were all growing more than we were killing then the supply of corals would always be increasing, and most coral vendors would be put out of business. Instead, year after year people keep buying the same corals, which means they're dying. It's just the hard reality of the hobby.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I've killed my share of coral over the years. I think it's safe to say that I've grown more than I've killed at this point though.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over it though. I imagine that about 90% of the corals purchased in this hobby die. In theory, if we were all growing more than we were killing then the supply of corals would always be increasing, and most coral vendors would be put out of business. Instead, year after year people keep buying the same corals, which means they're dying. It's just the hard reality of the hobby.
Thank you for making me feel a bit better about myself. I am to the point I am about to go FOWLR. all but perfect parameters. Nothing on the ICP test. Par readings right where they are supposed to be. *shrugs*

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
NEW GAME
FAMOUS VILLAINS

title gif.gif

Who's that outside your window? Oh no, it's CodyBot, I mean a famous villain!!! For this game, I will post a gif of a famous villain every few minutes. The first person to correctly identify the villainous character gets a point After ten rounds, the person with the most points wins a MYSTERY FRAG FROM ZOANTHIDS.COM!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins. Good luck!

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank you for making me feel a bit better about myself. I am to the point I am about to go FOWLR. all but perfect parameters. Nothing on the ICP test. Par readings right where they are supposed to be. *shrugs*
What are your nutrients? The exact moment it clicked for me and I was successful with sps was the moment I dumped a dozen blue chromis in my 60 gallon tank, in addition to what was already there, and started feeding my butt off. Within a week, everything colors up and starts growing like weeds. I was still operating under the old school "no nutrient" mode of operation and I was starving my corals to death.

Keep in mind, 95%+ of the carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, etc that corals feed on to grow is provided via photosynthesis, and nutrients are the fuel for this process. Feeding corals is like a human taking a multivitamin. Sure it doesn't hurt, but it's just filling in the gaps that your food may have missed.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back