+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all.

I have been having loads of issues with an incredibly noisy sump, tried just about everything to shut it up without much success. The truth is it’s designed in such a way that it’s always going to be really noisy, I’ll have a look at putting some kind of trap in it when I get paid (spent a small fortune on plumbing bits this month)

in the interim I jammed a bit of polystyrene insulation in the rear aperture of the stand, this worked a treat! Obviously the issue with this is the sump area now has the atmosphere of an arboreal swamp.

just wondered if anyone else has done this and how they got on?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Icedphoenix

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never done this but could you put a fan in the stand pulling air out? Just have a vent for intake and a fan for sucking the humid air out kind of like PC cabinets do to suck hot air out.

spawn79

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely add a couple of 120mm computer fans blowing air into the stand to start and see where things are after that. You want air pulling from the outside going in. Unless you have seals on your doors for some reason there is generally enough room for the air to escape through various cracks and plumbing holes. You can put an exhaust fan in but unless you spend big $$ for a waterproof fan you will end up replacing them every year or so because they will fail in the harsh environment.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back