Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to update this thread, but we ordered the bike inner tube and glued it to him not long after the suggestion was made. It took him a couple weeks to get used to it, and he repositioned himself about 90* clockwise, but for the last few weeks now he’s been back to his normal self being fully inflated all day long. I also noticed when we were attaching the prosthetic that he seemed to have gotten a small tear in his mantle, I believe from closing on it, which has also fully healed now, so I’m taking that as another good sign that he’s on the mend.
I’ll try and locate the photos we took during the process and then update with those as well as pics of him now.

thanks to all who helped!

reefsponge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot to update this thread, but we ordered the bike inner tube and glued it to him not long after the suggestion was made. It took him a couple weeks to get used to it, and he repositioned himself about 90* clockwise, but for the last few weeks now he’s been back to his normal self being fully inflated all day long. I also noticed when we were attaching the prosthetic that he seemed to have gotten a small tear in his mantle, I believe from closing on it, which has also fully healed now, so I’m taking that as another good sign that he’s on the mend.
I’ll try and locate the photos we took during the process and then update with those as well as pics of him now.

I’m just curious how your clam is doing and if you had this on a bare bottom tank? I’m hopeful that all is well.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@GlassMunky Did you locate any of the photos? Would be helpful to share the photos and the process you employed for others that may have to deal with this in the future. And, I'm curious as all get up as well.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back