Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this blenny for close to 2 years. Always hid, and if it was out, it would go and hide as soon as I walked in the room. It's been through a tank crash last year and sat in the tank with no heater, didn't realize it was still alive until I was breaking down the tank.

Since then, I have had it in a 25g and it just recently started coming out in the open and hanging out by the front glass and staying there even when I come around. I can now see that it's fins are torn up and I don't know if this is new. I do have a black storm and a subzero frostbite in the tank as well. The blenny does cruise around the tank nibbling on the glass, rocks, and powerheads. Should I be concerned? Is this fin rot?

PXL_20230223_023354353.jpg

BRS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've had this blenny for close to 2 years. Always hid, and if it was out, it would go and hide as soon as I walked in the room. It's been through a tank crash last year and sat in the tank with no heater, didn't realize it was still alive until I was breaking down the tank.

Since then, I have had it in a 25g and it just recently started coming out in the open and hanging out by the front glass and staying there even when I come around. I can now see that it's fins are torn up and I don't know if this is new. I do have a black storm and a subzero frostbite in the tank as well. The blenny does cruise around the tank nibbling on the glass, rocks, and powerheads. Should I be concerned? Is this fin rot?

View attachment 3035084
This is fin ray damage and should heal on its own however, keep an eye on it to assure it doesnt become fin rot. If the damage goes further, treatment in QT will be either maracyn 2 or seachem kanaplex

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3035084

I wouldn't be too concerned as long as the fish is still eating well and the clownfish aren't bothering it. That fin damage doesn't look fresh, perhaps it happened early one when it started coming out more, and now things have settled down?

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back