+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Elos fans!

I thought an Elos fan thread would be a great place for owners to share their pride and joy and also as a place to share info and ideas about the Elos products.

I know when I was in the market for a new Elos every bit of information and photo was like gold so this can also be a resource for people looking for details as well as some inspiration!

There are lots of amazing Elos tanks out there so please everyone share you tanks and anything Elos!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Mattres

Mattres

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get the ball rolling I'll introduce my 2 Elos tanks.

I've been a happy owner of an Elos Mini since 2012 and have recently upgraded to a new Diamond Line 120xl which is currently cycling. :D

IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG

Nutramar Foods

Steelersfan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll revive an older thread and join the Club. I just ordered my ELOS 120 with absolute stand this past Sunday and will be looking for lessons learned from others.
Congratulations. You will love your Elos. :)

BRS
OP
OP
Mattres

Mattres

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it turns out as good as I'm thinking. I also ordered the Bashsea SS 36 sump, Red Dragon 3 return pump and Bubble King Mini 160 skimmer. Now I have to figure out out to plump everything.
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of that awesome gear. Keen to see the new absolute stand you’ve got coming to!

Nutramar Foods

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not knocking Elos here, just asking a question from what I remember. Didn't the company change hands not long ago and people were having issue with getting someone to cover defective tanks? I personally LOVE the look of Elos and would love to have one (one day when I'm rich maybe or lucky) but reading about peoples experiences during the change made me weary. I truly hope the issues were rectified because these are fabulous tanks.

OP
OP
Mattres

Mattres

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm debating between the Reef Octopus Elite 150 vs the Elite 200. Thoughts?

Tbh, I only really want an achilles tang as my largest fish. I'm not sure if I can house tangs in a 4' tank but plan on going minimal rock(2 islands).
I haven't used a Reef Octopus skimmer before so can't comment much on them.
I think most skimmer designs these days follow such a similar design though the biggest difference is the pumps they use.
One of the reasons I chose a Royal Exclusive skimmer with their great pump. But I've heard good thing about Reef Octopus pumps to.

You can definetily keep tangs in an Elos 120XL, its a 4 foot tank but also very deep back to front. An Achillies is a big tang though. Might be fine as a sole tang in there, maybe someone whose owned one before on the fish forum could give you more info.

OP
OP
Mattres

Mattres

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not knocking Elos here, just asking a question from what I remember. Didn't the company change hands not long ago and people were having issue with getting someone to cover defective tanks? I personally LOVE the look of Elos and would love to have one (one day when I'm rich maybe or lucky) but reading about peoples experiences during the change made me weary. I truly hope the issues were rectified because these are fabulous tanks.
It hasn't as far as im aware but if you have more information or a soure i'd like to read it.

I know a few years ago there were some fake Elos tanks getting sold and of a poor standard. I read one journal where the poor guy bought what he thought was an Elos but had problems with the overflow and then I think it even cracked. Through the process he found out it was a fake and other people were have similar issues getting duped.

Empire

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used a Reef Octopus skimmer before so can't comment much on them.
I think most skimmer designs these days follow such a similar design though the biggest difference is the pumps they use.
One of the reasons I chose a Royal Exclusive skimmer with their great pump. But I've heard good thing about Reef Octopus pumps to.

You can definetily keep tangs in an Elos 120XL, its a 4 foot tank but also very deep back to front. An Achillies is a big tang though. Might be fine as a sole tang in there, maybe someone whose owned one before on the fish forum could give you more info.

Thanks!! I’ll do some more research. I plan on upgrading within 5 years or so to a longer tank.

Equipment list :

Purchased:
2x MP 40QD
2x Radion Xr30 G4 Pros
1x Vectra L2 return pump

Need/Want:
Skimmer : leaning towards the RO elite 150

Controller : Apex with all the bells and whistles. Hoping the trident comes back in stock by the time I’m ready for corals.

Lighting : I have a feeling I’ll need a third light. Since I don’t plan to have a large rock structure, I might buy the XR 15 pro

Macro algae Reactor : the sump I have does not have a refugium section so I might look into one of those light reactors or maybe just tie a refugium into the system. Haven’t decided yet.

6B9107DA-2400-441A-92A6-A95DD41D0E4B.jpeg

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Mattres

Mattres

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Spanky05

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here and will be following this. I'm loving my ELOS 120XL. Will shoot some fresh pictures soon. Great thread to start! JP

Need the pics!

Thanks!! I’ll do some more research. I plan on upgrading within 5 years or so to a longer tank.

Equipment list :

Purchased:
2x MP 40QD
2x Radion Xr30 G4 Pros
1x Vectra L2 return pump

Need/Want:
Skimmer : leaning towards the RO elite 150

Controller : Apex with all the bells and whistles. Hoping the trident comes back in stock by the time I’m ready for corals.

Lighting : I have a feeling I’ll need a third light. Since I don’t plan to have a large rock structure, I might buy the XR 15 pro

Macro algae Reactor : the sump I have does not have a refugium section so I might look into one of those light reactors or maybe just tie a refugium into the system. Haven’t decided yet.

View attachment 1188804

Sounds like a great start.

I have a Vertex Omega 150 for my Elos 120 ( not xl) and it skims well and the pump is very quiet. Not sure if you have considered a Vertex skimmer but I would recommend.

Looking good. Maybe I should post my build thread. maybe.

Yes, yes you should!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pirates Reef Corals
Back