Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @NY_Caveman and @Gablami for your input. Since I still have a mostly unused bottle of ammonia chloride I will continue to dose once per week to ~2 ppm until the new tank is setup and running.

Regarding my recent scuba diving vacation to Hawaii, this is the main reason I got into this hobby a few years ago. I've dove for years and have always been fascinated by corals and salt water fish. Hawaii isn't known for having a abundance of colorful coral or even that many rare/unusual fish so this time I found myself just watching the fish interact while underwater every day. For the first time after over 300 dives I paid attention to fish that were nipping at coral, cleaning rock or just being territorial with each other which was interesting.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slowly getting my equipment for the tank upgrade. Yesterday I got the ApexEL. I've not had a controller on the existing tank so am looking forward to having a bit more automation and monitoring.

APEX EL.jpeg

The marco rocks are still doing well in the brute trash can in my basement. I just add ammonia chloride once a week to feed the bacteria and the ammonia goes back to 0 24 hours later.

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has taken a bit longer than expected but after researching all the options and speaking with Francois from ELOS many times, I finally ordered my tank today! The equipment includes the ELOS 120 tank, absolute stand, and extra panels in white for rear side since the tank will be set up as a peninsula. I've also purchased the Bashsea SS 36 sump and the Red Dragon 3 50W return pump through ELOS.

Can't wait for all of this to be shipped. Expected arrival is 4-6 weeks.

Corals.com

Spanky05

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has taken a bit longer than expected but after researching all the options and speaking with Francois from ELOS many times, I finally ordered my tank today! The equipment includes the ELOS 120 tank, absolute stand, and extra panels in white for rear side since the tank will be set up as a peninsula. I've also purchased the Bashsea SS 36 sump and the Red Dragon 3 50W return pump through ELOS.

Can't wait for all of this to be shipped. Expected arrival is 4-6 weeks.

Awesome man, it’ll be here before you know there. I felt like I had lots of time to plan and all the sudden I have a tank w water in it now
IMG_8325.jpg

Spanky05

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your tank? Is it as quiet as you expected? Did you end up adding a gate valve to the overflow drain line?

Very happy with the tank so far!

I added the gate valve from the start, after reading through several different build threads where folks mentioned having to add it.

I guess I could have tried it without the gate valve to see if I could get it quiet without one but I just wanted to go ahead and add it while everything was dry.

It is very, very quiet. I have my 29 gallon biocube in the same room (and it's fairly quiet itself) and it is infinitely louder than the Elos.

Here's how I did mine.
IMG_8284.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have to find time this weekend to start the assembly of everything.

ELOS made me a new customized version.

Since I'm setting this up as a peninsula tank they positioned the overflow in the middle of the end rather than the corner like normal. In addition it has the extra clear Crystal silicon rather than the dark silicon. Looks like they did a great job!

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to put the stand together today along with unpacking the Bashsea 36 sump and custom drip tray.
stand.jpg

The stand went together very easily and is well built. I leveled the feet the best i could. Still about 1/8 inch fall from one end to the other. Is that a big deal?

BRS
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back