Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a serpent starfish, I was sent the wrong species. Anyway it is a non predatory species but I think my fish are unsure of it. Especially my Firefish. He abandoned his bolthole altogether and just hugs tightly against the rocks. Under ledges, mid tank, it hovers near his bolt hole hit he will not enter it. He only presses as near close to the rocks as possible. Is he afraid of it? Or just doesn't like the new inhabitant? I'd rather have my fish act like he did rather than have this starfish. Oh, one more thing the fish was seen this morning rubbing on one of the starfish's arms. Not like a scratching but fast and almost aggressively? He eats fine I just don't think he's happy outside his hole.

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he's probably a bit anxious. Serpent starfish find a spot then basically stay there until forcefully evicted or you redesign that spot so it will no longer accommodate their "lair". Basically I place mine in the tank and forget about them - and let the fish adapt accordingly.

I'd be patient. The firefish will probably tire of this and fine a new happy home. You can always add a barnacle cluster (sometimes small fish like to take up residence in these).

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back