Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this elegance for only 2.5weeks. however it's been looking bad since a week in.

My numbers are

0 for nitrite and ammonia
5 to 10 for nitrate
Alk around 8to9
Cal and mag is also within range
pH 8.1

Why? Another observation. My small gsp colony is also not opening too much. But I don't see anything biting it so far. I moved it up rock because the sand was covering it. Maybe that is the issue but still it's looking worse by the day.
15358992046512798206196576337253.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What king of lighting and flow is it getting? Elegance corals like lower light and lower flow.
How old is this setup? It is a must to have an established system to keep these corals, they are not a beginner coral.
If this is a newer setup I would try to see if you can find a more suitable home for the time being to give it a better chance for survival. It really does not look good from this picture, sorry.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What king of lighting and flow is it getting? Elegance corals like lower light and lower flow.
How old is this setup? It is a must to have an established system to keep these corals, they are not a beginner coral.
If this is a newer setup I would try to see if you can find a more suitable home for the time being to give it a better chance for survival. It really does not look good from this picture, sorry.
It's over a bit year old actually. My light is actually extremely weird. I think a few led went out. I don't think it's getting much light. The main thing I think is flow. It's a bit too fast when it first shrunk. But even when I turned it down it just continued

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE="alexytman, post: 5082205, member: 78256"]It's over a bit year old actually. My light is actually extremely weird. I think a few led went out. I don't think it's getting much light. The main thing I think is flow. It's a bit too fast when it first shrunk. But even when I turned it down it just continued[/QUOTE]
I used coral rx dip in case of pest, I've had luck with elegance before but it was eaten. However I think last time it wasn't a Indo species.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, by the picture something is off just by the GSP not looking happy. That stuff is impossible to kill off and yours looks unhappy. Can you provide a full rundown of the setup and your lights?
Well, this is actually a budget setup, the lights are Chinese. I have a small bubble Magnus skimmer. A refugium and a lot of live rock in the sump. Also a uv sterilizer

For livestock I have two dwarf lionfish, a tang, a maroon clownfish.

Corals I have two leathers, a few zoas, a mushroom, Xenia, Pagoda cup coral and finally my bubble coral. They're all doing great

Gsp was opened but recently is more closed up, not sure if chemistry or my lionfish bothering them. The main issue is the elegance as everything else is growing fine.

I add af amino and build but they shouldn't have negative effects

Top Shelf Aquatics

NewGoby

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this is actually a budget setup, the lights are Chinese. I have a small bubble Magnus skimmer. A refugium and a lot of live rock in the sump. Also a uv sterilizer

For livestock I have two dwarf lionfish, a tang, a maroon clownfish.

Corals I have two leathers, a few zoas, a mushroom, Xenia, Pagoda cup coral and finally my bubble coral. They're all doing great

Gsp was opened but recently is more closed up, not sure if chemistry or my lionfish bothering them. The main issue is the elegance as everything else is growing fine.

I add af amino and build but they shouldn't have negative effects

How old is the tank?

It could be that your UV Sterilizer is removing bad bacteria, aswell as beneficial ones, but that topic is always up for discussion.

Nutramar Foods
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back