Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today.... first thing this morning. I turned the lights back off after an hour. Its completely shrunken in. I did water tests 2 days ago and I think I forgot yesterday. Or maybe it was yesterday. But all of a sudden today - spikes of ammonia, nitrite and nitrates! Doing a water change NOW
20200319_100851.jpg

Avast

Pudge&Bubbl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it just over 2 weeks and it was doing great until the last 4 days? Mucous webs stuck on it, not extending, swelling started yesterday - off and on. Basically. Lots of unhappiness lately. Pic of when I first got it -
20200304_134626.jpg
20200304_183729.jpg

Pudge&Bubbl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I feel ya! That’s this hobby lol, the terrible sinking feeling of desperation and hopelessness. :( But don’t give up!

What is yours doing? Try putting him in a shade? How long have you had him?
So I just changed out 30% of the water. It was all swollen again.

I'm hoping it pulls through this. If it is not looking better tomorrow, I am going to do freshwater dip and check for any gall crabs as well. It has s crevice on the side of its base that houses a fan worm. Another fan worm toward the bottom, and a clam-thing on its base. Crossing my fingers ......

But the behavior started before the water quality went downhill. I'm wondering if there was something dying.

Pudge&Bubbl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.... I just finished the 10 minute dip. I used a pipette to blow off debris. One side of it just kind of came apart. I think what I see is one of the mouths. I'm going to leave it alone and hope it recovers. I have no way to cut it even if it comes to that. Send your hope my way.....

hart24601

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The update saying how it doesn't like strong light hits home. I have never been able to keep elegance coral, they end up looking exactly like the progression pictures earlier in the thread. I am starting to think the issue I have always had isn't a disease but over illumination. Perhaps I will try another some day and keep it in the shadows and see how it does.

Pudge&Bubbl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kerbash
Yeah I feel ya! That’s this hobby lol, the terrible sinking feeling of desperation and hopelessness. :( But don’t give up!

What is yours doing? Try putting him in a shade? How long have you had him?

....I think I killed it. If it bounces back, I will let you know. But for now I'm going to immerse myself in netflix and pretend it isnt wasting away in the other room. NoReefingToday

Avast
OP
OP
Kerbash

Kerbash

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kerbash

....I think I killed it. If it bounces back, I will let you know. But for now I'm going to immerse myself in netflix and pretend it isnt wasting away in the other room. NoReefingToday

Sorry to hear that, mine produced like a white mucus and looks terrible for like a week I think, all I did was I kept it in complete darkness and a very gentle flow. So there maybe hope!

i hope yours feel better too ☹️

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back