Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bluethroat Triggerfish that has been in qt 2 week. It has been eating as recent as yesterday. I noticed a few white spots a week ago but iy didnt seem to get worse. I came home from work today to this. What do I have here? I added Melafix but I'm probably to late. I have a sleeper goby in qt with him without stmptoms currently.

20230314_200653.jpg
20230314_200634.jpg
20230314_200625.jpg
20230314_195050.jpg
20230314_200530.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a Bluethroat Triggerfish that has been in qt 2 week. It has been eating as recent as yesterday. I noticed a few white spots a week ago but iy didnt seem to get worse. I came home from work today to this. What do I have here? I added Melafix but I'm probably to late. I have a sleeper goby in qt with him without stmptoms currently.

View attachment 3064009View attachment 3064010View attachment 3064011View attachment 3064013View attachment 3064014
There is skin damage on fish and not sure if was wedged in rocks, or was scratching but this is becomming bacterial. The part I hate to say is that this fish appears moribund which the fish may or may not make it.
Assure water does not have elevated nitrate or ammonia and add air stone for added oxygen.
I also see what may be rectal prolapse suggesting the fish had trouble with digesting something and may have rubbed itself against objects trying to dislodge something ( just a guess) and can suggest Maracyn 2 or seachem Kanaplex but its a gamble based on the state of health the fish is in.

BRS
OP
OP
CookieRdReef

CookieRdReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is skin damage on fish and not sure if was wedged in rocks, or was scratching but this is becomming bacterial. The part I hate to say is that this fish appears moribund which the fish may or may not make it.
Assure water does not have elevated nitrate or ammonia and add air stone for added oxygen.
I also see what may be rectal prolapse suggesting the fish had trouble with digesting something and may have rubbed itself against objects trying to dislodge something ( just a guess) and can suggest Maracyn 2 or seachem Kanaplex but its a gamble based on the state of health the fish is in.
I appreciate the response. I also don't think this fish will make it. There is nothing sharp in the qt for him to scratch on so Im not sure how the skin damage? The water parameters are good and there is a currently healthy sleeper goby in qt with him. Whatever this is, I'm hoping it won't pass to the goby. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the response. I also don't think this fish will make it. There is nothing sharp in the qt for him to scratch on so Im not sure how the skin damage? The water parameters are good and there is a currently healthy sleeper goby in qt with him. Whatever this is, I'm hoping it won't pass to the goby. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Most external fish diseases will show some gradually worsening symptoms, but it is pretty common for people to miss the early symptoms. If the fish passes, give the body a FW dip and look for flukes. I think this is either uncontrolled ich, or Neobenedenia flukes (the left eye seems cloudy, is the right eye the same way? - that is common to see with flukes)

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back