Duncans are not fully open.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had them for over a year with a lot of growth, these past few days they havent been open as they used to be, and they are reacting both of them the same, not like one open one not. I cant figure it out, and i grew them from basically 1-2 heads.

Is that new growth reaction? Or what’s going on? My parameters been stable, and attached below. Feedback is appreciated it

IMG_6119.jpeg

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new additions to the tank before they started acting up ?
A hammer colony, and a new torch. But they are far away from the duncan colony, i run carbon 24/7 on a reactor also idk anymore

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try raising Nitrates mine close when nitrates are low, I dose my solution of nitrates and they start to open better

Last edited:
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I am having the exact same issue.

I would try raising Nitrates mine close when nitrates are low, I dose my solution of nitrates and they start to open better
Its not nitrate issue my nitrate is actually at 10 now. I stopped dosing ab+ just to be sure its not causing some reaction to it. Because thats the only change i did beside adding 2 new corals. I feel like duncans are just moody corals

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not nitrate issue my nitrate is actually at 10 now. I stopped dosing ab+ just to be sure its not causing some reaction to it. Because thats the only change i did beside adding 2 new corals. I feel like duncans are just moody corals
10 is still on the lower side. Do you have Dynos or cyanobacteria ?

radfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait three days before worrying too much. Duncan’s do this every now and then. If it persists then check salinity and kh, as they are sensitive to these parameters.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 :) and 10 is definitely not on the lower side. And my tank is over a year old
1yr doesn't mean the tank is establish you could get any problem in a reef tank. 10 Nitrates is low for LPS some could live with that but it takes time to get use to the low nitrates

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1yr doesn't mean the tank is establish you could get any problem in a reef tank. 10 Nitrates is low for LPS some could live with that but it takes time to get use to the low nitrates
Can u prove that 10 nitrate is low for lps? Or you’re pulling info just from your experience?

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can u prove that 10 nitrate is low for lps? Or you’re pulling info just from your experience?
From My experience in a couple tanks that I work with all in the high range 15-20 ppm. You could use value what everyone is saying when they are asked but honestly the experience it what really counts not every tank works the same. just try rising the nitrates and see if they open better.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From My experience in a couple tanks that I work with all in the high range 15-20 ppm. You could use value what everyone is saying when they are asked but honestly the experience it what really counts not every tank works the same. just try rising the nitrates and see if they open better.
lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back