+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thought its a diy thing thats why I couldn't find any guides then

You can use plywood or expanded PVC board. Depending on where you install, you'll need to treat and finish the plywood to keep moisture from destroying it. This is where expanded PVC board is nice. But it's expensive. About $150 for a 4*8 sheet.

If you are decent with diy and building they are really quite easy. Cut the board to size, layout all the equipment you want, drill holes where you want to run wires and you're done. Then attach it wherever you plan.

Or you can look into the Adaptive Reef controller boards or controller cabinet on BRS. Super expensive for what you get though.

Top Shelf Aquatics

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't being rude although you may have interpreted it that way, and I never said it was anything but a controller board, I guess read before you start minding someone else's business
You used multiple exclamation points (also known as yelling or raised voice. Punctuation matters.) and told someone to Google it or go to BRS (where they would not find the above board anyway.)

You provided no help on creating a controller board like the OP was asking. They wanted a guide to build their own. Pretty simple. Answer if you know, remain silent if you don't.

Avast

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used multiple exclamation points (also known as yelling or raised voice. Punctuation matters.) and told someone to Google it or go to BRS (where they would not find the above board anyway.)

You provided no help on creating a controller board like the OP was asking. They wanted a guide to build their own. Pretty simple. Answer if you know, remain silent if you don't.
ACTUALLY CAPITOL LETTERS COULD MEAN YELLING!!!

The exclamation mark, !, or exclamation point (American English), is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or to show emphasis. The exclamation mark often marks the end of a sentence.

And I gave help the way I saw fit, not the way you saw fit, they were asking what that was, not how to build one, I felt if they could see one from a manufacturer they could decide for them selves if they would rather DIY which usually happens when you see a product and you decide to "do it yourself" i told them to Google what I said not Google how to build one, you are assuming I provided no help but thats your opinion just like I have mine, im not sure why you and the other guy want to fight, but just because you don't like how I word something and don't understand my delivery doesn't mean a thing, if anything you could have said your piece and moved on, talk about remaining silent you may have some good advice for yourself..

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are worried about the waterproofing of surfaces electronics are mounted to, you have bigger issues. Regardless, this is basic DIY stuff if you wanted to.
Yeah wet is no good,, Not wet but humidity and swelling.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACTUALLY CAPITOL LETTERS COULD MEAN YELLING!!!

The exclamation mark, !, or exclamation point (American English), is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or to show emphasis. The exclamation mark often marks the end of a sentence.

And I gave help the way I saw fit, not the way you saw fit, they were asking what that was, not how to build one, I felt if they could see one from a manufacturer they could decide for them selves if they would rather DIY which usually happens when you see a product and you decide to "do it yourself" i told them to Google what I said not Google how to build one, you are assuming I provided no help but thats your opinion just like I have mine, im not sure why you and the other guy want to fight, but just because you don't like how I word something and don't understand my delivery doesn't mean a thing, if anything you could have said your piece and moved on, talk about remaining silent you may have some good advice for yourself..

From the OP:

"Can you help me out with some pointers on whats the best way for this? Type of wood? thickness, dimensions, how to fasten the wood not to move etc?"

Then they showed a picture of what appears to be a CADE setup. You won't find that board on BRS or on Google unless you know what to search for. Telling someone to "Google it" is pointless if they don't know what to Google. It is also lazy when answering questions.

If "Google it" is the answer, this forum is pointless and redundant. The same questions and topics are hashed and rehashed daily. They will be for the rest of time. But Google only works if you know what to search for.

:)

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the OP:

"Can you help me out with some pointers on whats the best way for this? Type of wood? thickness, dimensions, how to fasten the wood not to move etc?"

Then they showed a picture of what appears to be a CADE setup. You won't find that board on BRS or on Google unless you know what to search for. Telling someone to "Google it" is pointless if they don't know what to Google. It is also lazy when answering questions.

If "Google it" is the answer, this forum is pointless and redundant. The same questions and topics are hashed and rehashed daily. They will be for the rest of time. But Google only works if you know what to search for.

:)
Ok your not getting it, and obviously have an agenda, i never got to have a back and forth with the OP because people like you want to jump on everyone that writes anything they dont agree with or understand and pick a fight, you may not understand how people are just by reading a response that may have been written in haste, im done with this stupidity you seem to want to continue, have a good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the controller board
Bent17

AquaBen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is a pic of my controller board which came from Adaptive Reef (used, via an ad on r2r!) The nice thing about them is that they are waterproof and very easy to drill and work with, although I mostly used velcro. They are designed specifically for this purpose. On mine the Inkbird controls the heaters in the display and refugium. The white boxes are each a dual timer - one controls the dosing pumps below and the other controls display lights and a random powerhead. Each side of the timers also has dedicated and lighted on-off switches. Down the right side is a 12 switch lighted panel (amazon) which has on-off control for display and sump lights pumps skimmer rollermat etc. I am going to add meters giving me real time display of Spec Gravity and PH. Its not as nice as a functioning Apex but it cost about 25%.
IMG_0220-2.jpg

HBtank

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah wet is no good,, Not wet but humidity and swelling.
Also things that electrical should not be exposed to. My point is that if you are worried about waterproofing to that degree, it's in the wrong place and the least of the concerns.

Top Shelf Aquatics

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a rigid board of anything that you can cut and drill. Stain or treat it if you want. It really doesn't matter.

The bigger factor is the finish quality. If you have a specific look you're going for, I might be able to better help with material choices. Also greatly depends on your DIY skills and tools available.

OP
OP
B

Bent17

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the two DJ switches and realised they dont fit horizontally so need to mount them vertically. Does anyone have a similar setup? Trying to find the best option on how to mount them since I also have 2 mp40 controllers, 2x pump controllers, temp controller and Battery backup. Will also have an autodoser with bottles so need to plan it out carefully.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back