Dr Tims cycling question

KGscv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on day 3 of cycling my new tank. Im a beginner and its my first tank. I got this result for the ammonia(attached pic), nitrite is 0.05. The ammonia result looks to me like >2 but it could be 2ppm also. Should I add ammonia? Dr tims calendar says to add ammonia but im not sure. Thanks for your help

IMG_2384.jpeg

Merge_595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on day 3 of cycling my new tank. Im a beginner and its my first tank. I got this result for the ammonia(attached pic), nitrite is 0.05. The ammonia result looks to me like >2 but it could be 2ppm also. Should I add ammonia? Dr tims calendar says to add ammonia but im not sure. Thanks for your help

IMG_2384.jpeg
I wouldn't looks pretty dark to me with these test the colors are rarely exact

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I didnt add ammonia. Just tested the ammonia again and it looks like it got darker even tho i didnt add ammonia. Idk i feel like the dr tims that i have has dead bacteria.

Is the test color from a sample of the aquarium water containg just Dr. Tims?

Merge_595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I didnt add ammonia. Just tested the ammonia again and it looks like it got darker even tho i didnt add ammonia. Idk i feel like the dr tims that i have has dead bacteria.
I've been using Tim's since 2015 never had an issue. Jus test once a week & after the nitrite cycle is over you can add a little ammonia to make sure the tank removes it quickly(a couple day's or less)

OP
OP
K

KGscv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the test color from a sample of the aquarium water containg just Dr. Tims?
No. I added ammonium chloride per dr tims instruction.
I've been using Tim's since 2015 never had an issue. Jus test once a week & after the nitrite cycle is over you can add a little ammonia to make sure the tank removes it quickly(a couple day's or less)
Tested again this morning. Ammonia still high af but nitrite is 0.2. I guess i just have to be patient.

Merge_595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tested again this morning. Ammonia still high af but nitrite is 0.2. I guess i just have to be patient.
I wouldn't even test Nitrite until Ammonia reads 0..I wouldn't even test Nitrate until Nitrite reads 0. Give the entire cycle 5-6 weeks do absolutely nothing definitely needs patience..

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dr. Tim’s can be slow to start, taking weeks instead of days like Fritz Turbo Start.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back