Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Bubble Magus BM-T11 dosing pump for a while now, dosing Alk and Calc throughout the day, and Phosphat-E once daily. I happened to be looking at it a few days ago right when it dosed Alk, and I noticed that a few drop of Calc was dosed at the same time! They are set to dose 30 minutes apart (I confirmed this). To be clear, it wasn't the full dose of Calc that came out, just a few drops, so I don't think it was actually trying to dose the Calc, if you know what I mean. Obviously, I don't want Alk and Calc dosed at the same time. I'm not having any issue with Alk or Calc levels in the tank, and am not seeing any signs of precipitation, but I still want to correct this. Anyone have experience with this kind of issue? The activation of one dosing head causing another dosing head on the same unit to expel some fluid?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Bubble Magus BM-T11 dosing pump for a while now, dosing Alk and Calc throughout the day, and Phosphat-E once daily. I happened to be looking at it a few days ago right when it dosed Alk, and I noticed that a few drop of Calc was dosed at the same time! They are set to dose 30 minutes apart (I confirmed this). To be clear, it wasn't the full dose of Calc that came out, just a few drops, so I don't think it was actually trying to dose the Calc, if you know what I mean. Obviously, I don't want Alk and Calc dosed at the same time. I'm not having any issue with Alk or Calc levels in the tank, and am not seeing any signs of precipitation, but I still want to correct this. Anyone have experience with this kind of issue? The activation of one dosing head causing another dosing head on the same unit to expel some fluid?
If you have issues with a peristaltic pump thats leaking without movement from the rollers, then you likely need to check the tubing in the pump head for wear.

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have issues with a peristaltic pump thats leaking without movement from the rollers, then you likely need to check the tubing in the pump head for wear.
Hmm okay. Maybe I'll just replace all 3 pump heads. Its been a while. Is there a generally recommended interval for that?

BRS

Reefering1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its trash, I had one do the same thing. Almost like the moisture/humidity got to the board. Like it intends to operate one motor but "some" power bleeds to the 2nd motor. Look to see if the motor is running while other channel is going vs nothing moving and fluid coming out

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back