Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tbe 'all for reef liquid, I have worked out roughly how much my tank loses in evaporation and therefore I know how much and how often I top up my ATO, iys every 5 days and that pretty consistent. Would It be a wise idea to put my 5 day dose of all for reef liquid in there and then it would in effect top up my tank by day with that? Or is it a big no?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
O

oliverw953

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am basing it on the recommended per 100 litre. Which for my 150 i think is around 6ml daily. My mg is 1440 and ca 500, alk is 9.3 and PH 8.2. So my mg and ca ca is a little high. I only have torch, zoas, gsp, and Duncans. Tank is only 2 months old, should I keep dosing or just weekly changes and lay back on the dosing?

Thanks
The consumption of all for reef won't be equal to the amount of water evaporated, so that might get difficult

Townes_Van_Camp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't possibly have enough consumption to be dosing at this point. Just do your water changes and monitor your parameters. When they start slipping more than can be corrected with WC's. That's when it's time to start dosing.

Just my opinion of course.

OP
OP
O

oliverw953

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't possibly have enough consumption to be dosing at this point. Just do your water changes and monitor your parameters. When they start slipping more than can be corrected with WC's. That's when it's time to start dosing.

Just my opinion of course.
Much appreciated thank you

aquariumaddictuk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability will be a problem with that method.evaporation varies too much to make this a stable method of dosing.that seems a high amount of AFR for the corals you have.
Invest in a dosing unit you won't regret it!
If you want to add SPS in future your consumption will rise dramatically & you will need more precision than the ATO method allows IMO

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
O

oliverw953

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability will be a problem with that method.evaporation varies too much to make this a stable method of dosing.that seems a high amount of AFR for the corals you have.
Invest in a dosing unit you won't regret it!
If you want to add SPS in future your consumption will rise dramatically & you will need more precision than the ATO method allows IMO
Thanks!! I am going to strip back to just water changes for a bit and monitor the parameters. And then I'll install a dosing pump when needed

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back