Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 10 gallon and the RODI water I have been using which I thought was good turned out it’s been producing 3 ppm of chloramines this whole time my tank is wrecked with algae and I just don’t know where to start with fixing this problem I put some API stress coat in it says it gets rid of chloramines all I can get my hands on atm oh I tested the ammonia and it was.50 just don’t know where to start fixing this problem. Help please

Top Shelf Aquatics

mijan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes. Go get some water from your LFS. If that is not an option go to a grocery store and get distilled water. Eventually you are going to need to get a carbon filter for your RODI that is designed to extract chloramines from the water

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 10 gallon and the RODI water I have been using which I thought was good turned out it’s been producing 3 ppm of chloramines this whole time my tank is wrecked with algae and I just don’t know where to start with fixing this problem I put some API stress coat in it says it gets rid of chloramines all I can get my hands on atm oh I tested the ammonia and it was.50 just don’t know where to start fixing this problem. Help please
There is a lot wrong with this post.
First, RODI can't produce chloramine (but it can fail to remove it).
Second, if you had chloramine in your tank, things would be dead ..
Third, Stress coat is not the type of product to remove chlorine/chloramine - that would be Prime.

Assuming you have any livestock in the tank, you should do a large water change with quality RODI (salt)water and then test things again. How long has the tank been running? How was it cycled? And what test kits are you using?

**EDIT: I did not realize they changed the formula for stress coat. It does in fact say it can dechlorinate water. My apologies.

OP
OP
reefer2bme

reefer2bme

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for 5 months and it was cycled using dry rock and live sand from the previous owner the test kits are API ammonia and it’s kinda old with a nyos nitrate kit and a hanna phosphate

CLICK TO VIEW

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for 5 months and it was cycled using dry rock and live sand from the previous owner the test kits are API ammonia and it’s kinda old with a nyos nitrate kit and a hanna phosphate
Ammonia test is "kinda old" meaning expired?

OP
OP
reefer2bme

reefer2bme

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I’ve already have done a 80 percent water change water from my LFS just wondering when will it be safe to add any coral I have star polp there doing good do I need to add any kind of bacteria additive?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back