Doesn't it feel good when things start working?

BRS

Shunopoli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with my job and just no motivation for my reef tank I let it go to crap. I have a RSR 250. There was some type of brown algae all of the glass and rocks. And I just said screw and was going to sell it. I never did and it just set there and every time I looked at I was like this is going to be a big project to get it back on track. I only had some ricorida mushrooms, gsp, lost my high end torches kind of of what made ticked me off and why it got this way. Only have one clown and royal gama. I fed the fish once a month ( I know I feel bad) All I did for maintenance was fill up with tap water.

So with that said, my GF moved in and shortly after we found out that we are pregnant. She gave me this honey do list before the baby gets here and said you need to clean that tank and I stated that it's going to be a big project and going to cost money and she said then sell it. Long story short I couldn't let it go. I put a lot of money with gear and apex and stuff I just needed to get motivated again.

Finally is getting back on track. I setup my apex for auto water changes(never did these before) with new salt Red Sea coral Pro from Instance Ocean, I replaced my RODI DI resin so I don't be lazy and use tap water. I cleaned the crap out of this tank. Order new test reagents for my hanna/trident. Cleaned the the sand of detritus had a bunch.

Now everything for the most part is automated and I am checking way too much now and I think my GF would of rather me sold the tank as she created a monster again. I have never seen my tank this clear and happier. My gsp is a different green, my one head frogspawn that didn't die, but never grew is showing more life than I ever seen it. My flower anem is going ham. My ricordias are bigger than ever. I got my phos under control from 0.5 to 0.07(reason I thank I had the algae issue). I don't know if it's 1) I started using rodi again 2.) I switched salts to red sea pro 3.) I do 10 gallon a week automatic water changes or a mixture of both.

Sorry for the rant and long post, but I still have some things I need to get under control have an aptasia issue but about to take out a loan to get some nudis( these guys are expensive), and a bubble alage issue that I am slowly getting rid of.

Lets just say I am back baby!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to get an auto feeder for those fish. Congrats on the comeback.
Trust me I know and I feel bad, but with the neglect that I already was doing I don’t think it would have helped. My clown is 2 years old and fat as can be. dang thing is hardy! Not sure what he was eating in the tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back