Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this skimmer when looking for surface skimming options for a 20 gallon tank. It seems like a great option, but I'm concerned about how it would affect the operation of the ATO. For instance, with an AIO system, the sensor goes in the return chamber.

Will I have to put the ATO sensor in the DOC's skimmer body if I go that route? Seems like it would cause excessive cycling of the ATO pump in a space so small.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

BaliReefBox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this prob that the ato float switch would get sucked down by turbulence...i now have a perspex "cage" around it vented by a few holes...this stops all the messing with the switch..also another member put me onto a timer for the ato..runs 4 times a day for a minute. this is a great failsafe if something fails

OP
OP
M

musicsmaker

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this prob that the ato float switch would get sucked down by turbulence...i now have a perspex "cage" around it vented by a few holes...this stops all the messing with the switch..also another member put me onto a timer for the ato..runs 4 times a day for a minute. this is a great failsafe if something fails
I would have never even thought about the flow in the chamber causing problems, but I can definitely see it now that you mention it. I'll check out that cage thing you mentioned.

The timer idea is great, too. Thanks!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back