+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

All of us know the importance of maintaining the stability of water parameters for the SPS reef tank. Mankind is lazy, it is also known :). So, to break the vicious circle I decided to make a poor man titrator and peristaltic dispenser to regulate the solution B added volume and keep the desired level of KH without including me in this process. The first variant was made on the peristaltic pumps - in spite of using the stepper motor for the peristaltic pump - results weren't satisfying - the device was needed to be very often calibrated, results reproducibility were low. Once, I visit the lab and inspired by high precision Tecan syringe pump decides to reproduce it in my device. I'm really encouraged by the results and decide to make a post about that. I'm planing this device as open-source, but for sharing, I have to finetune some moments in software (if someone would like to join me in this process you are welcome) and make a normal device case.

The device is running on ESP32.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

KH_chart.png
TelegramBot.png

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg

Add some photos: IMG_1698.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

gregor

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

All of us know the importance of maintaining the stability of water parameters for the SPS reef tank. Mankind is lazy, it is also known :). So, to break the vicious circle I decided to make a poor man titrator and peristaltic dispenser to regulate the solution B added volume and keep the desired level of KH without including me in this process. The first variant was made on the peristaltic pumps - in spite of using the stepper motor for the peristaltic pump - results weren't satisfying - the device was needed to be very often calibrated, results reproducibility were low. Once, I visit the lab and inspired by high precision Tecan syringe pump decides to reproduce it in my device. I'm really encouraged by the results and decide to make a post about that. I'm planing this device as open-source, but for sharing, I have to finetune some moments in software (if someone would like to join me in this process you are welcome) and make a normal device case.

The device is running on ESP32.

View attachment 1842450
View attachment 1842451

View attachment 1842455View attachment 1842456
View attachment 1842452View attachment 1842453View attachment 1842454

Add some photos: View attachment 1842459
Good evening, Igor.
An interesting design, can you tell us more about it?
With pleasure, would you try to make a similar apparatus?

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
igorlab

igorlab

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in my device, I'm working under BOM, not fast, unfortunately))
pH is enough stable - it needs to be calibrated not more than once per month or two.
Concerning price - I don't know - it was assembled from parts I already have.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
igorlab

igorlab

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

Now, due to the circumstances, I have a lot of time and want to share my project of Titrator. The repository of the project is available on GitHub https://github.com/igorlab/KH_station There are all you need: 3D parts, PCB, short BOM, minimalistic descriptions, and step-by-step instructions for printing parts and assembling.

Since the last publications in this topic, the project has a lot of improvements and changes and now I believe it is in the state ready for hobbyist reproduction.
D5A225F4-3990-4833-A175-0A4A719E2348.jpeg

07E9A74C-ABC4-4B15-A9BA-83964DECEF77.jpeg

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back