Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using a 15a or 20a fuse between the trickle charger and the battery? i would assume since my wall outlet is likely rated for 15a, i should use a 15a fuse

BRS

bakbay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to use the same system as the opening post, but i need it to run 2 mp40's
Interesting - curious why you'll need to run two MP40s? Assume you got a ginormous tank? I have two MP40s but only hooked up one wavemaker for battery backup. I believe one wavemaker is more than adequate to provide enough circulation for my 150g tank.

SeeFu

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont ever have multiday power outages. at most i have a 4-5 hr outage. Since I dont need battery backup for a long period of time, I might as well just keep as much of the flow going.

bakbay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont ever have multiday power outages. at most i have a 4-5 hr outage. Since I dont need battery backup for a long period of time, I might as well just keep as much of the flow going.
True -- public utility has been somewhat robust in our area but we have witnessed scheduled maintenance that would last for 8+hrs before. That said, I had an incident recently where a bad Trident (water spilled on the device, more on that later) killed my whole Apex setup: all 3 WAV pumps & return pump were down -- so no flow while I was away for 7+ hours! Luckily my one MP40 was still running since it was not part of Apex's energy bar, just plugged into a wall on a separate circuit. Since then, I've put a battery backup to it for added insurance.

Lessons learned for me, adopting an old adage of "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst".

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Corals.com
Back