Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great idea until the valve gets clogged or breaks and then you have to deal with a leak that can drain the entire system. Some people have closed systems that have an intake and return that come through the bottom of the tank and it can be easier to drain the tank in a hurry but I could not sleep with a tank with that kind of configuration. I have made two many errors with my system to have that kind of failure lurking in the realm of possibilities.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great idea until the valve gets clogged or breaks and then you have to deal with a leak that can drain the entire system. Some people have closed systems that have an intake and return that come through the bottom of the tank and it can be easier to drain the tank in a hurry but I could not sleep with a tank with that kind of configuration. I have made two many errors with my system to have that kind of failure lurking in the realm of possibilities.
I was just curious I have a tank that's been running for about a year now. Just was thinking of it lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230425_152317603.LS.mp4
    34.3 MB
AquaCave Logo Banner

mpjbay

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of doing the same thing. Calculating the amount I want to drain, drill a hole for a bulk head at that level in a wall, drain to the yard.

Not sure why this would be an issue when using bulk head for other things is not a problem.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back