Diamond goby missing

beginner reefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought this diamond goby about 2 weeks ago and put it in my 90g and everyday id see the sand has been moved around a bunch as i expected and id seem him scooting around the sand, but recently i haven’t noticed the sand being disturbed by anything and haven’t seen the goby in a little while not even his head popping out from anywhere i have peaceful fish in the tank so i dont think thats the problem ive been testing parameters frequently and everything has been perfectly fine, did it die or am i doing something wrong

Blenndiagram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought this diamond goby about 2 weeks ago and put it in my 90g and everyday id see the sand has been moved around a bunch as i expected and id seem him scooting around the sand, but recently i haven’t noticed the sand being disturbed by anything and haven’t seen the goby in a little while not even his head popping out from anywhere i have peaceful fish in the tank so i dont think thats the problem ive been testing parameters frequently and everything has been perfectly fine, did it die or am i doing something wrong
Do you have a lid? You might check behind your display or stand and find a piece of fish jerky.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might just be a master hider, lots of fish are just very sneaky and are great at hiding. When I got my yellow corris wrasse he disappeared for 2 days and I freaked out but it turns out he was just hiding in the sand.

OP
OP
B

beginner reefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might just be a master hider, lots of fish are just very sneaky and are great at hiding. When I got my yellow corris wrasse he disappeared for 2 days and I freaked out but it turns out he was just hiding in the sand.
i get that and i assumed that but i have diatoms on my sand bed and usually i could see patches of white where he scooped up some of the sand and sifted it but i haven’t seen any of that

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back