Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club :) you’ll be replacing your Kessils for radions in no time ;)

HAHA I could most certianly offset the cost of that swap now. But only if I went with two XR15's and sold the 3 kessils and t5 setup!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you go with something like the Giesemann Spectra :)

I'll send you may paypal! haha Those are nice lights, not knowing anything about them why don't they make a 36" version?

Hey lots going on, My snails and crabs are sporting Beards, Is there a Shave Club for inverts? Just wondering:p

You may have just created a business!

Gillette probably sells snail razors for $72.99 or so!

Is that with free shipping?

CLICK TO VIEW

powers2001

started reefing 1999
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey lots going on, My snails and crabs are sporting Beards, Is there a Shave Club for inverts? Just wondering:p
Put them in your algae scrubber for added turf !!! B-)

Corals.com

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would just create a turf war! hahaha
Maybe you could get SCOTTS as a sponsor
upload_2018-7-25_18-1-57.jpeg

Mallard

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giesemann does make a 36" model, but I'm only aware of it being available via CoralVue's eBay page. For a 36" tank, you could go with the 36" model, but it does have 2 MH's, which would be a lot of light. You could also go with a 24" model and raise it up a bit higher. BRS has a great video on the fixture if interested. Also, a number of us have also modified them further if you really wanna tweak it.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could get SCOTTS as a sponsor
View attachment 797351

Hilarious! I’d probably go with a local company, maybe next one to knock on my door!

Giesemann does make a 36" model, but I'm only aware of it being available via CoralVue's eBay page. For a 36" tank, you could go with the 36" model, but it does have 2 MH's, which would be a lot of light. You could also go with a 24" model and raise it up a bit higher. BRS has a great video on the fixture if interested. Also, a number of us have also modified them further if you really wanna tweak it.

I’m going to check this out!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my tracking information from @BoomCorals - A few weeks back he offered a killer deal. Pick any of the 2 corals he posted on Reef2Reef and he would blind pick 3 more for $125 shipped. I reached out and inquired about Saturday shipping and was accommodated quickly with a new invoice with Saturday delivery.

Why did it take a few weeks for the order to ship, well the corals that I picked were then cut and mounted on plugs. Waiting a few weeks gave them some time to relax and heal and be prepared to be shipped from Wisconsin down to Kentucky.

I decided on a PC Rainbow and a Cliffs Acro and will be surprised with the other 3 when they come in!

Pick two thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/booms-pick-two-packs.421040/#post-4915781

Stock photo's from his thread -

Boom-2463.jpg

Boom_c89b6ec8-3085-4729-bf37-1b35cd874ae1_grande.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, when I put the tank together I didn't really plan ahead. At the time I really didn't think about coral placement. Now that I am in that phase the right structure bugs me and I want to replace it. The rock came from Reef Cleaners and I have extra rock, unfortunately the 2 structure in my tank were also build using Emarco.

I'd like to build a new right side scape and replace the existing one, I thought about pulling it out chipping away at it and putting it back. If I am going to go through with that I may as well build something I like.

What concerns do I have if I move forward with this? I do run pond matrix in my sump by the way.

Should I put a piece of rock in my sump for a few weeks, build the new structure while that settles in and then move that rock and the new structure into a container for a few weeks? Or so I build it and swap it?

tenurepro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, when I put the tank together I didn't really plan ahead. At the time I really didn't think about coral placement. Now that I am in that phase the right structure bugs me and I want to replace it. The rock came from Reef Cleaners and I have extra rock, unfortunately the 2 structure in my tank were also build using Emarco.

I'd like to build a new right side scape and replace the existing one, I thought about pulling it out chipping away at it and putting it back. If I am going to go through with that I may as well build something I like.

What concerns do I have if I move forward with this? I do run pond matrix in my sump by the way.

Should I put a piece of rock in my sump for a few weeks, build the new structure while that settles in and then move that rock and the new structure into a container for a few weeks? Or so I build it and swap it?

I also have been thinking of doing a minor aquascape change. I thought about maybe doing a bigger than usually water change, putting the dirty water in a big container, take my right high boulder, and chip / saw away at it in the container, then put it back.

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain and am going thew the same thing wanting to re-scape and clean the BA. the last time I cleaned and acid washed rock It threw my tank out of wack, But it did give Coraline a fresh canvas to get a foot hold. I think you need to fully cure what ever you put in the tank.
I received my Pick 2 BOOM Box this week and all the corals are happy and colorful, really nice corals. I almost feel guilty it was so reasonable ;Woot

BRS
OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have been thinking of doing a minor aquascape change. I thought about maybe doing a bigger than usually water change, putting the dirty water in a big container, take my right high boulder, and chip / saw away at it in the container, then put it back.

That was my original thought, I just don't know how well that will turn out. Maybe I need to put a little more thought into that!

I feel your pain and am going thew the same thing wanting to re-scape and clean the BA. the last time I cleaned and acid washed rock It threw my tank out of wack, But it did give Coraline a fresh canvas to get a foot hold. I think you need to fully cure what ever you put in the tank.
I received my Pick 2 BOOM Box this week and all the corals are happy and colorful, really nice corals. I almost feel guilty it was so reasonable ;Woot

When I started my tank I didn't do anything to my rock, build the structures and into the tank they went! I did have some algae issues since it was all new and I suspect the same thing would happen again.

That exciting about the boom box, I am very anxious to see it tomorrow morning!

Savo

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my original thought, I just don't know how well that will turn out. Maybe I need to put a little more thought into that!

When I started my tank I didn't do anything to my rock, build the structures and into the tank they went! I did have some algae issues since it was all new and I suspect the same thing would happen again.

That exciting about the boom box, I am very anxious to see it tomorrow morning!
Hah, I feel the same way. I wish i had more flat surface to place more acropora and get rid of my sand

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back