Damsel solo/group ?

promotheus2070

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,
I own a reefer 300xl running for 12 months .
my stocking isnt completed yet and i was wondering if it would be possible to add a damsel or group of them in my system . My concern is agressive behaviour . What are youre findings ? Do you own a damsel or more than 1 ?

At the moment my stocking is as followed
- pair clown's
- pair goby/shrimp
- 4 lyretail anthias
- pair cleaning shrimp
- foxface

Near future i would also adding the following fish
- mandarin
- blenny or flame hawkfish
- some sort of wrasse

I Would add a group of orchid dotty's if damsel's or 1 piece would be a bad choice .

Screenshot_20240929_025556_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240929_025553_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240929_025533_Gallery.jpg

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I was. And I will be again. I had, in my last tank, a four stripe, a yellow tail and two others I can't remember. They were very cool, very active small fish that could hold their own.

mchain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have successfully maintained a group of five Azure Damsels in a 200 gallon tank, all introduced simultaneously. In my experience, this species is not aggressive towards other species, though they do occasionally squabble amongst themselves, particularly if they pair off and start laying eggs. That said, I find that introducing new individuals to an established group is a recipe for aggression, as the newcomer(s) typically get bullied relentlessly given established territories.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back