Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys - I have a simple question - what is the therapeutic dose for the Brightwell Aquatics CUPIRON product?

Is it 0.5ppm same as Seachem Cupramine? Or is it 0.4ppm or 0.2ppm? I've heard 0.6ppm of ionic copper is fatal. I also know not to use conditioners etc.

The bottle only says that adding one drop per gallon raises the level to 0.2ppm, and advises treatment for 14 days, but does not indicate the therapeutic dose.

Cant find any other threads to confirm - advise please.

So far I have raised the dose to 0.18ppm over four days, but should I keep going up to 0.4ppm (or higher)? to reach the therepautic dose to leave for 14 days to kill off the ich

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I know, this is just ionic copper and should be dosed at exactly 0.20 ppm. I was amused when it said for use by professional aquarists only- real pros make their own out of copper sulfate penthydrate and citric acid (grin).
This is one copper med that you truly do need to ramp up slowly, over 48 to 72 hours using a high quality low concentration copper test kit (I won’t personally dose this type of copper unless I’m reading it on a spectrophotometer).
Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back