Crazy aqua scape, Please answer !

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a table saw with a diamond blade to cut some rocks flat. Large ones can be rotated then drive a chisel in the opening. It's messy and I wouldn't do it if I had a high end table saw.
PXL_20240313_222402020.jpg

PXL_20240313_222547989.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about this for a while now and I wanted everyone’s thoughts, crazy idea but I want to do a square staggered rock aqua scape. Ok key points, I want to hundreds of pounds of rock and cut the corners/jagged parts etc off and make cubes and rectangles ( I know this sounds expensive but I can run across some crazy good deals on marketplace on live rock), I know I will have to stagger them to create caves and crevices) this is all going in a 180 that’s a new setup and im going to be cycling the rock and tank for a few months. I just want to do something different everything I see looks the same with small variations
I’m looking for everyone’s input !
Questions
1. I know cutting them will create dust, will that dust nuke my tank calcium wise ?
2.if so how do I get rid of the dust? rise with freshwater ?
3. What’s the easiest way to cut cubes out of live rock ? Table saw ? Tile saw ? Etc
4. If I run out of market place material is there anywhere that sells bulk live rock like hundreds of pounds ?
5. Has anyone seen this done before I can’t find any examples online ?

(Picture is the closest things I could find to what I want)
to q 4: @fishguy242 might have a pound or two.
to q 5: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/cubism-reef.1033517/

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location ? may have 1000 lbs or 2 of true live rock looking to get rid of ... ;) :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back