Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always just manually tested each individually, but is there an equation or something that can be used to determine if alk measures “x” then mag or cal should be around “y”?

I know the correct answer to be accurate would be to test each. But is there some level of “safe to assume” with certain parameters? Can you accurately guess one if you know one or 2 others? I’m not looking for a super scientific answer, just something simple and general.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always just manually tested each individually, but is there an equation or something that can be used to determine if alk measures “x” then mag or cal should be around “y”?

I know the correct answer to be accurate would be to test each. But is there some level of “safe to assume” with certain parameters? Can you accurately guess one if you know one or 2 others? I’m not looking for a super scientific answer, just something simple and general.

IMO, all parameters we target should be independently targeted to a desirable range, and there is no parameter that one can readily get from another.

I do think magnesium can be tested rarely if at all as it moves very slowly.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back