CoralWall for new aquascape possibilities!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Something else to clean :face-with-tongue:

These would be awesome in a frag tank.
Once you cover it will rock, it acts just like any other aquascape - no cleaning required if your tank is humming. We do have a FragMax module just for frag tanks as well - easy to add additional frag real estate without the need for a new tank!

Top Shelf Aquatics

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched all your videos. Couple questions.

Your videos do not show the magnets. I'm assuming there is an inner an outer magnet to hold the lattice in place to the tank wall?

And, If I had a center tower style overflow, I would also assume you could just put 2 sets of lattice on either side of the overflow, and leave the overflow void of the "the wall"?

If, and when I build another tank, this is 100% going in. It's a great way to get corals to cover the back wall, and a even greater way to use up that wasted space.

OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Homer, yes - for the video in some sections I just didn't glue in the magnets, since they are expensive - but the demo shows them on the lattice (without the covers), just not on the back. Yes, there is a magnet integrated into the posts, and a mating pair on the outside of the aquarium. You can see a little about our magnet enclosures here. The system is extremely modular and flexible, so you can add in sections of the CoralWall anywhere you want, omit them elsewhere. Several people have done just what you propose, as well as the reverse - adding sections to just the overflow as well - we enclose the external magnets in that case so they can go inside the overflow and be submerged. We'll be here when you are ready for that next tank! I'm also currently testing a version without magnets for those with glass tanks and not afraid of a commitment : ) using glass inserts that can be siliconed in place if starting with a dry tank.

Hartz57

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can attest. The strongest magnets I have ever experienced. Just spent 20 mins trying to get them apart. My screw up letting them attach. But..finally success and first wall in. Love the concept and the workmanship is really excellent. Kudos to Reefeco.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 17
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back