Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medium term - I'd suggest renting a par meter and mapping out your tank so you're sure these, and future, corals are in a proper spot.
Where do you live? Local fish clubs and some R2R members may have a par meter for you to use. You can always check if your local fish store (lfs) rents them out. (Mine don't.) It is also helpful to look online to see if the coral needs low, med, high light (or flow etc.). I'm not saying you eyeball it based on what you read, but it is very helpful to have the information if you don't have the tools. FYI: When I first started keeping corals, I loved a particular employee who worked in the saltwater dept at my LFS. After stuff started dying, I learned that he had even less experience than I did. He was and still does provide excellent customer service. But I learned not to take coral advice from him -- although he was meaning well. Now I ask whoever is helping me in general conversation about their tanks. If they have been through the wringer and learned a thing or two, I'm more likely to listen. I'm sure your coral will be fine. As was said above -- he just looks unhappy. Take some of the advice above and see what happens. The first year with a tank is the worst and you are filled with worry. Every single one of us has been there. Good luck. I'm glad you joined us. You will love it here.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back